Electric Rototillers

Started by Wilma, October 12, 2012, 04:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Is there anybody out there who has had experience with electric rototillers?  I think I would like to have one.

flintauqua

I have sold these in the past, and the two things I would tell anyone interested in one are:

1.  These are not tillers, meaning they do not break sod, or compacted ground.  They are similar to the little 2-cycle cultivators in that they break-up the crust on already tilled soil, and are good for weeding.

2.  The quickest way to ruin one of these is to use the 100 ft extension cord that you bought at Wal-mart for $9.99.  These things draw 15 amps, so you will need a 12 gauge extension cord that will run at least $25-30 for a 50 footer, and $45-50 or more for 100 ft.  I (and the instruction manual) do not recommend using more than 100 ft of cord.  And keeping track of that pricey cord must be a priority while using this item or you can easily and quickly chop it in two.

Just my thoughts,

Charles
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Wilma

I have a cordless lawnmower which works well for me.  I find it kind of hard to push, but I usually pull a Tom Sawyer and I don't have to do much of the pushing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk