SPENCER Naomi Joyce (Bennett) - b. August 12, 1929 - d. February 27, 2008

Started by Teresa, February 29, 2008, 03:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Naomi ( Noni) Spencer.. sister of Jean Gray died Tuesday. They are having her funeral in Columbia Mo. and then her graveside service will be here tomorrow, Saturday March 1st at 1:30 in the afternoon.

Aunt Noni was like a mom to me when John and I were married and living in Columbia Mo. Just being married and away form home,  I was so homesick for my own Mother that she stepped in and kinda took me under her wing. She was a wonderful lady.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

patyrn

Naomi Joyce (Bennett) Spencer, 78, of Hallsville, Missouri, died February 27, 2008 at Boone Hospital Center, Columbia, Missouri.  Mrs. Spencer was born August 1, 1929 in Moline, Kansas to Albert W. and Myrtle (Anderson) Bennett.  She graduated from Howard High School in 1948 and worked for Southwestern Bell in Howard, Kansas. 

Naomi married Ray Dean Spencer on July 21, 1951.  The couple moved to Columbia, Missour in 1956.  She worked for State Farm for several years; then for GTE, retiring in 1990 after 18 years of service.

Naomi was a member of the Liberty Baptist Church and Ladies Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxiliary.  She enjoyed sewing and leatherwork, playing Bingo, and going to the boat.  She liked to trapshoot and had won several trophies.  Most of all, she was a devoted mother.

She was preceded in death by a brother, William A. Bennett, and a sister, Neva Jean Gray.

Survivors include her husband, Ray Spencer of Hallsville, Missouri; a son, Ray Dean Spencer Jr and his wfe Barbara of Hallsville, Missouri; a daughter Sandra Claycamp and husband Kevin of Hallsville, Missouri; a sister, Marjorie Morris of Winfield, Kansas; seven grandchildren, Alisca, Melanie, Michael, Eric, Jessica, Clint, and Emily; and two great-grandchildren, Sabrina and Olivia. 

Services were held at 6 p.m. Friday, February 29, 2008 at the Liberty Baptist Church, Columbia, Missouri with the Rev. Bruce Caldwell officiating.  Graveside services were held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 1 2008 in the Grace Lawn Cemetery, Howard, Kansas.  Arrangements were by Parker Funeral Service and Crematory, 22 N. 10th St., Columbia, Missouri 65205.

Memorials are to the Liberty Baptist Church, 7461 N. Brown Station Road, Columbia, Missouri 65202 or the Howard Senior Center, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Winfield Daily Courier, February 28, 2008)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk