KU game

Started by Jody, November 23, 2007, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Sorry, this die-hard, purple-blooded K-State fan cannot bring myself to root for KU football, no matter how well they're doing this season. 
WAHOOO MIZZOU!
;D
But odd that basketball is a different story; I'll root for KU in b-ball.

Jo McDonald

K U  K State  Wichita State   Pittsburg State   They are ALL KANSAS TEAMS  and I will root for each and every one !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Bonnie M.

Sorry, this die-hard, purple-blooded K-State fan cannot bring myself to root for KU football,

Tobina, Tobina!  What can I say, child?

Our son graduated from K.U., one daughter and son-in-law graduated from K-State, and our other daugher graduated from Wichita State, so, we supported all of the schools, and it's kind of interesting to be sitting around our table when K.U. and K-State are playing against each other!  And, that's why "I" always say...."may the best team win!"
Bonnie

Judy Harder

Bonnie,
You are so right.............I think as long as it is a good game, meaning no one side takes it all,
than I will always root for the good ball playing and the fact they all are trying their best.

I do try to follow the Big 12 and if they play well then I will watch.

Now if the Chiefs would just follow suit, I would be happy.
But, since I live in Longton and we aren't very good at winning games, I am talking school teams, etc
then I guess I go for the under-dogs.

Who ever they are.
  ;) ;) ;D

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Tobina+1

Yep, wondered how long it'd take to get reamed on that one.   :-X
Well, my whole family is dyed-in-the-wool KSU fans.  I spent LOTS of money at that school, so they're going to get every cheer I have until I die (and probably most of my pennies, too).  2 degrees and 6 years.  My sister got 2 degrees and 5 years, plus she was a recruiter for 3 years.  She still works for the Catholic Student Center, too.  One brother got 1 degree in 5 years (5-year program), and the last brother will graduation this spring.  Our parents didn't get degrees, but spent a couple of semesters there before marrying and going home to farm.  Same goes for one grandpa.  The youngest brother was a walk-on on the football team a few years ago, too, so even though I gripe about the FB program, I can't bring myself to cheer for anyone else during that sport!

archeobabe

Maybe next year, KU can be the bride instead of the bridemaid in football.

Leonardcrl

From a 1957 KU Grad -

Just enjoy the 10-1 season.  During my time on campus we had some memorable games when the only teams we could beat in the
old Big 7 conference were K-State and Missouri. 

Some of the highlights from the 1952 - 1956 era.

• Don Pfutzenreuter - playing right offensive guard at 153 pounds. (He was the best we had at the time)
  • John Rhode - Leading the NCAA in punts and average yardage on punts. (If the stats were kept the Jayhawks also had lowest 3rd down conversion in the NCAA)
  • Oklahoma's Gary Calame, so confident behind the line of scrimmage - he would bounce the football off the ground into Billy Vessel's hands on a left tackle slant.
  • The after game celebration when the Jayhawks held the Oklahoma 1953 team to 45 points
  • In all games I witnessed at Memorial Stadium YY (w-l-t), 53(1-4), 54(0-5), 55(3-2-1), 56(0-4-1)
Regards
-=Carl=-
San Antonio Tx.

frawin

Carl, next year should be great for the Jayhawks (not to say this one wasn't), I read where they will have 19 of the starting 22 back.
Frank winn

Jane

We were at the game and being the great fans they are, Missouri was again rude. As far as you KSU fans we could expect you to be for Missouri. Most Big 12 teams cheer for each other but after this year, we will never cheer KSU on as we have in the past.
Seems to me in the big games, Kansas and KSU should be for each other.
We did get the last laugh though, Ron Prince said the Missouri coach should the be Big 12 coach of the year, guess what.
Our big boy from KU has been named. Now all you KSU fans can jump right on that one, but he has done a great job at KU.
Looks like we go to a Bowl again.

Once again, we are KU fans forever. Rock Chalk Jayhawk Go KU
Army Mom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk