Cowboy Action Shooting

Started by Teresa, August 23, 2007, 01:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I'm starting a new topic cause I don't want this to get lost in the shuffle.
Marshal / Kjell and I have had lots of local people interested in Cowboy Action Shooting, and we are always getting ask about what we do and how we dress and the guns etc.
Well, Kermit made a comment in another thread on here that he bet those shoots would be fun.

Let me tell you...........................
They are a blast.. If you love "going back in time" and shooting guns, then you would love it.

The best organization in my opinion is the NCOWS organization. ( National Congress of Old Western Shootists)
They are very very strict in making sure that everything is period correct. Even to the point that very seldom do you see a vehicle parked at all on the site.  I love the people.. I love the shoots and the weekends that I get to spend with the NCOWS groups. If you want to just literally step back in time and live and feel and experience what it was like for a weekend, then join NCOWS.

We have gone to several NCOWS,  "GAF Musters".. ( Grand Army of the Frontier)
Fun doesn't even begin to describe it..
Del (our cosie) was at one in Garnett and that is when I got to hang with him and watch him cook and do his stuff with all those cast iron pots on an open campfire.
Awesome!.

I have not ever shot in an NCOWS shoot.. YET~~~ But I am fixin' to. Their shoots are so much more than just going from stage to stage to shoot like a SASS match.. ( SASS is fun, but this is extra fun).. You are moving and crawling sometimes to get to your targets... It is just a great time.

I am going to add some videos of the NCOWS shoots in our video room here in the Elk County.
I think that most people will get such a kick out of seeing them and also you kind of get a "feel" for what it is like to be involved on a "back in time" weekend. Everyone is always dressed accordingly and period correct dishes and drinking cups are used at meal times. Dishes are done at the cook wagon in 2 pans of water.. then the fun begins as everyone gather around at night at the fire and sings and tells stories, and laughs at each other.

Like I say.. I love it all. I am so excited to be able to start to do more traveling and filming and I would just love to be able to go to Kentucky and take in the "Hooten" 3 -4 day match.! ( there is 2 video's I will share on this event)
It is in the hills with all the shooting stages and town built just for this. I think that you would forget all about the 21st century.

Well, I guess I need to get back to earth and get busy..
I will post some videos that Marshal and I made when we were there at a GAF Muster in Garnett.. and then a couple that was made by a shooter with the alias name of Ottawa Creek Bill .
You will enjoy these even if you don't know anyone. But I guarantee if you were at just one shoot, you would have friends for life with these wonderful people..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Kjell H.

Videos are now listed and we will keep them up there for awhile.
There are 7  of them that we chose to share.
The last 2 I put up are user videos from Down Range TV and from SASS shoots.

I have shot in SASS competitions for 10 years, it is sure a lot of fun. Since these kinds of videos are my pet projects,
I hope you enjoy them and maybe feel like you have been to some shoots yourselves. ;)

http://www.cascity.com/howard/ectv.htm

Marshal Halloway

Janet Harrington

Oh my.  I just watched that video.  You did a wonderful job and Kjell, you are just a natural in front of the camera.  I loved it.  See.  That is why you are my friends.  ha ha

Teresa

All 7 of them are good and fun to watch..
Thanks for liking them  ;D
And for liking me..  ::)

Bonnie M.

I haven't watched them all yet, but I liked the one I did see.  I know you have a lot of fun at those events.
Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

I went to my first ever gun show this last weekend here in Springfield.  It was packed and every other person, it seemed like was carrying a rifle.  My childhood friend who lives also went.  We met this couple from a town about an hour from here.  They have their own store and target range.  They are NRA approved and teach the conceal and carry classes.  They also have all sorts of bags, cloths, etc for that.  They invited us to come up and try
some various kinds of guns to see what we might like.  We just loved it and learned a lot.  Of course, when you are totally ignorant on a subject it doesn't take much to feel you have learned a lot. :laugh:
I would love to sit around the campfire with my three stringed stum stick and pick a few.  It's fun to have a brand new
interest and you guys have definitely inspired that.

kdfrawg

I spent enough time getting shot at that guns stopped being fun. A lot of time has passed, though, and it might be fun. I'll keep watch for one that may be close enough for me to attend. What are rules for attendance, just to watch, if it is possible to do that once?

Roma Jean Turner

Evidently you can touch the merchandise and ask a lot of questions, because they didn't kick me out. :laugh:

Teresa

well the gun shows anyone can go ..just pay at the door and if there is no charge then just march right in and take it all in.

Anyone can go to a cowboy shoot to watch. You don't have to have period correct clothes. Just go and enjoy yourself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk