Need some information............

Started by Teresa, June 21, 2007, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackEncell

Quote from: ddurbin on June 22, 2007, 05:24:29 AM
The 1920 census has Marsh Encell age 50, living with wife, Maud 46, and 8 children:  Ellenor, 22; Charley, 19; Marsh, Jr., 17; Emma, 13; John P., 11; Nellie, 10; Margaret, 7; Thomas, 5.  Residence was in Union Center township.  Families listed near them were William and Ada Harrod; Charles Johnson; Oscar and Nellie Shipman; James and May Eaglin; Mary Shipman.  Some of these listings may be incorrect as the census-taker for that area that year had terrible handwriting and couldn't spell very well either.  I'm only guessing at some of the  names hoping they're ones I've heard of over the years relating to this area.  Is anyone familiar enough with that area to know about where these families lived? 

Thank you for posting this information.  I am the son of John P. Encell and my brother and I have a disagreement about what year my father was born.  I believe this information clears it up.  Thank You. 

Dee Gee

Quote from: Dale Apel on August 16, 2007, 01:07:21 PMTwo additional questions--in what newspaper did the account of the 1931 Sale of the Encell Ranch appear?
I located the article again and there is no indication of what newspaper it is from but from the printing and looks I would say it is from the Howard newspaper.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk