CASS, Leota Clair (Barnaby) - b. September 29, 1918 - d. July 12, 2007

Started by Janet Harrington, July 18, 2007, 08:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

(Taken from the Flint Hills Express, July 18, 2007, page 3)

Leota Clair Cass, 88 of Severy passed away Thursday, July 12, 2007 at the Eureka Medicalodge, Eureka.

Leota was born in Howard on Sept. 29, 1918 to Lester and Thelma Rowe Barnaby.  On April 4, 1934 Leota married Francis "Fritz" Cass in Independence and he preceded her in death on May 1, 2000.

Leota was a homemaker and she enjoyed gardening, quilting, painting, raising chickens, fishing and dancing.

Leota is survived by one son James Cass of Fall River, four grandchildren, ten great grandchildren, and six great-great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her parents and one son Francis Cass.

Graveside funeral services will be held at 10 a.m., Wednesday, July 18, 2007 at the Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard.  The family suggests contributions to American Cancer Society and may be sent to Countryside Funeral Home P.O. Box 247, Fredonia, KS 66736.

Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard.

flo

you talk about always having a smile on your face, that was this great lady.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

frawin

I agree, Flo, and she was fun to be around as well.  I always remember her sitting in the audience at Labor Day, often visiting with my Mother. 

Janet Harrington

I think that I only met her one time and that was after "Fritz" had died.  Some men came to take a piano from the farm at the request of her son, but, her son failed to tell her.  Anyway, she called the sheriff's office and away we went to help the damsal in distress.  She was quite the farm gal.

kfclark

Leota was so helpful to me when I was writing up Opal (Barnaby) Spencer Clark's obit. She was a sweet person who will be missed.
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk