Grenola Bar & Grill

Started by patyrn, August 17, 2007, 05:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Rudy -

I used to type for a living and would sometimes find that my fingers almost took on a life of their own.
That I wouldn't be aware of what I had typed until I took a break and read it.  :D

When fiction writers sometimes talk about their characters being a separate identity,
dictating to the author what to write, I can understand that a little.

At some point you lose the "that's my thought, I'll write it down" and it becomes
a flowing, if you will, of the thought process and the ideas appear in print simultaneously
with the thinking of those same ideas.

Rudy Taylor

Oh, yes, I agree.

I remember many years ago waking up in the middle of the night with a thought. "I've got to write
this down," I said to myself.  "So, I grabbed a pencil and paper from the bedside table and jotted it
down, then resumed my sleep fully confident that I would have a masterpiece to read the next morning.

As the morning sunlight came streaming through the window, my wife sat on the side of the bed
and confusedly asked, "Do you have any idea who made all these scribbles?"

I looked at the pad of paper and it looked like a toddler's scribbles. It looked like a drunk wrote
it.

So, after that I've just stayed the course at night-time. My thoughts aren't all that great during waking
hours, let alone when it's 3 a.m. and I'm half asleep.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Rudy, please note that I was NOT the one who commented on your "delected!" this time. I'm trying to behave....It's hard! 

Rudy Taylor

C'mon, Diane.  I like you better when you're a purist pest.

Diane Amberg

Pests get swatted and eliminated. I don't want to to loved like a mosquito.

Rudy Taylor

Too late, Diane.  We all love you anyway.

kdfrawg

Yup, the cat is out of the bag.

We like you out of the bag, Diane.

Diane Amberg

Meow, purr, purr, purr,  :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk