Corporeal Location

Started by kdfrawg, June 18, 2007, 02:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

And this would be Amanda, plus a bonus photo of Tucker the Weird Dawg:

As I have said before, she has all the talents I don't. She was elected Head Drum Major for her senior year. About 60 days later she was elected Homecoming Queen of Lawrence High. Since she got to do that at a football game, she conducted the band in her formal gown instead of her band uniform. This is her conducting that night, but I removed the band and inserted a lot of sunflowers.

Janet Harrington

I think your wife and your daughter are lovely.  Put the band back in.  We would like to see it.

Drum major of a large high school.  What an honor!!!  I think the way our drum major was picked was because he was the tallest person in the school.  ha ha

kdfrawg

You know, it occurs to me that I have very few still pictures of Amanda in band in high school. I have hours and hours of video, but almost no stills. Here's one of her in the KU Marching Band, though. She played the baritone this year. It was darned near as big as she was.:

kdfrawg

Just for Janet, here's the original picture before I took the band out. It's an 800x600 still taken from a video, so the quality is not very good.

And just for the fun of it, here she is in Full Homecoming Queen Mode (FHQM). It's a video outtake, too. As luck would have it, her boyfriend was elected king.

Janet Harrington

I bet your family is a blast, kdfrawg.  Your daughter is very lovely and since I tried to study to be a music teacher, I admire her very much for becoming one.

kdfrawg

Actually, yup, we hang together pretty good through the good and the bad. We all know how to have a fairly harmless good time, and we all know we're not perfect (especially not me), so it's is generally a nice atmosphere. I must say it's nice having Amanda home for a couple of months. This might be the last chance we have, although we could also get her next summer, depending on how things work out. Besides, Janet, if we ever started to drift apart even a little, Tucker the Weird Dawg would just herd us back together, and he is one very persistent puppy.

:)

Mom70x7

This is why I like THIS forum - we learn so many new things:

Quotesince I tried to study to be a music teacher

I didn't know that - what changed your mind?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk