Gun Query

Started by kdfrawg, June 15, 2007, 12:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

I noticed that there were some gun people on this forum. Perhaps someone can make a recommendation that would solve a problem for me. Many years ago, I got used to the form factor of a Walther PPK/S as my personal weapon. ( Don't ask. ) I now have a PPK/S stainless steel .38.

I have large hands and the PPK is a fairly small gun. Over the years, the webbing between my thumb and forefinger has apparently gotten "looser." Now, unless I am fairly careful how I grip the weapon, sometimes when the recoil pushes the slide back it catches some skin, leaving me with a bloody hand.

It occurs to me that I may not always have the time to be careful with my grip. It also seems that if I bought some replacement grips for the original thin plastic ones, and if those grips were thicker, my grip on the altered weapon would stretch my skin webbing further and it would be out of the way of the slide and I would avoid the infamous, though exaggerated, Walther Bite.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a set of thicker grips, perhaps in checkered wood?

Janet Harrington

I believe that our Kjell may be able to answer this question.  He is very smart when it comes to guns.  So, with that, I leave you with Kjell.  He'll get on this forum sooner or later, whenever the pie digests.

kdfrawg

All right, Janet, that will be just about enough about the pie! I understand frawgs are supposed to be green, but this pie-envy situation is changing me to a completely different shade. To make it worse, when Kjell jumps in, he's going say how good the pie was, too.

By then, I'll be day-glo green.

;D

Janet Harrington

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha  ROFLMAO

Kjell H.

Hi

Try some wooden grips like these:
http://www.gunaccessories.com/hoguewood/Walther/PP.asp

I am not sure if it will  help avoiding the slide to punch your skin, it's a small frame gun for sure.

Marshal Halloway

kdfrawg

Thanks, Kjell, those look about exactly right. They don't say how thick they are, but I'm sure I can write and ask them and see how much more actual grip I would get. Or, I suppose, I could get off my lazy patoot and make my own. I think I have some walnut left and it might be fun.

Thanks for the link, Kjell!

;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk