Found: Love Letters From World War II

Started by genealogynut, February 01, 2007, 05:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I sent Larry Hatteberg the information that was written by Doug Moe.  I also sent him Ironsline info on finding Robert Kinyon.  How cool is this????????

What is even cooler is that Mr and Mrs Kinyon are excited about all this information.  That's what being married for 53 years will do for you.  No jealousy monster to rear it's ugly head.  Just understanding that he had a life prior to meeting and marrying his wife.

Love is in the air.  How wonderful and how educational for all of us baby boomers that really didn't know what life was like during World War II. 

Ironsline

KOTV 6 TULSA

KOTV 6 out of Tulsa came and did an interview with me today about the story of Alice and Robert.  It should be on the 6pm news.  You can also go online at KOTV6.com and click e-clips to see the interview.  I don't know at this point how it will turn out.  Please let me know what you think

Shawn  :police:

Janet Harrington

Well, how cool is that?????  We can all see what Ironsline looks like.

Mom70x7

This whole story is sooooo exciting!!!

It grows and grows and gets better with each installment. That's the wonderful power of the Internet and great people (such as those on this forum  ;))!

:) :) :) :)

Ironsline

We got an e-mail from GMA (Good morning America)  they wanted to speak to us about the Love Letters Story.  I called today (the persons day off)  She was real excited about the story once it was explained.  She was going to take it to her boss.  She though that it would be neat to bring everyone together to return the letters.  I want get my hopes up just yet but would that be neat to say that Moline and Winfield was part of the story.  Will let you know.

Wilma

Ironsline

2-27-07
Here is more new information on Alice Van Gundy.  Robert Kinyon, the writer of the letters called me on Valentine's day to get Alice's phone number so he could talk with her.  They had not had any contact for over 60 years and didn't know if either one was still alive.  I have had contact with ABC news Good Morning America.  I have pitched the story a little over a week ago to Ronna Waldman in New York.  I have had a few e-mails in the meantime from her but the media seems to drag their feet or are EXTREMELY busy so I have not had a definite answer either way.  The Stillwater newspaper here in Oklahoma is running a follow-up story on Sunday, March 4th.  The Oklahoman newspaper is running the story this Thursday, March 1.  I have to be gone for a few days to see my family but if I don't hear anything from GMA or any other media, Alice's letters will be mailed back to her by Federal Express.  It is just too much money, almost $1,000.00 for me and my husband to fly out to Florida and give her the letters.  I have tried every way to figure out a way to hand deliver the letters and was hoping the media, like a talk show, would help me do this.  Thanks to everyone for their interest in this wonderful, feel good story.

Ironsline

OKLAHOMA CITY NEWSPAPER TAKES STORY.

Look in the Daily Oklahoman on Friday March 2nd to see the article of the Love Letters.  Just do a search of Shawn Irons to go directly to the article.  You can also see a good "young" picture of Robert Kinion.

Ironsline

Alice Van Gundy Parrish 60 years later.

Here is an article just done in the home town paper for Alice in Florida.  You can even see what she looks like now.

http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070303/NEWS0103/70302095/1013/LIFESTYLES

Ironsline

May 24, 2007
UPDATE ON ALICE VAN GUNDY
In the Reminisce Extra magazine, on the last page, is a follow-up story about Alice.  This is the May 2007 issue on magazine stands now.  The magazine is printed by Reiman Publications.  The article is about a half page on page 67.  Thanks, Shawn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk