Democrat Rally Howard 1908

Started by frawin, May 01, 2007, 07:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

To keep everything equal I am posting a picture of the 1908 Democratic Party rally in Howard. This one appears to be right in the middle of the intersection of main street, in front of the post office and the Met. Again it was well attended as no doubt politics were a very important matter in rural America.

Janet Harrington

Frank and Mryna,

I'm so glad you joined the forum.  What wonderful pictures!!!

Jo McDonald

Wouldn't you just absolutely LOVE to know the names of all the ones in that picture????
  Many of them would ring some memoriy bells, I am sure
  THANK YOU,FRANKIE!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Jody, Frankie takes me back alot of years, but I know when I hear it that is from one of those special people from Howard and it always makes me feel good. Howard will always be home to me.
Frank

Jody

ME TOO,FRANKIE1  NOW IF I COULD JUST TYPE, ICOULD MORE FUN.

Jody

MY SMART MOUTH JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING ELSE1  ididnot know there were that many DEMOCRATS IN  Howard!    They always said  that if someone wanted to run for office , they had to run on the Rep. ticket!

Wilma

Jody, that was my thought, too, when I saw the picture.  But then the population of Elk County was much more than it is now.

frawin

Jody and WilmaGood point both of you made, in checking the records the Population of Elk County in 1910 was 10,173, the population in 2000 was 3,261.

frawin

I don't want to get into politics, but I have heard it said many times, "what was a Conservative Democrat100 years ago is a Conservative Republican today".

Flintauqua

I've heard many say that there are four political parties in Kansas - And three of them are Republican!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk