BURRESS, Lulu "Blanche" (Crismas) - b. May 24, 1895 - d. January 1, 1969

Started by genealogynut, April 29, 2007, 01:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

This memorial folder is being posted on Joanne's behalf.  I learned something new when she sent this to me, as I vaguely knew Blanche Burres as a child.  I didn't know that Blanche was related to the Crismas family.  I did know, however, that she was DeEtta's mother.  Blanche used to come over on Sunday evening's to help my grandmother take care of patients that were in her home.

Dee Gee

A saved Newspaper Clipping

Lulu Blanche Burres, daughter of James W. and Melissa Jane Crismas, was born near Howard, Kansas, May 24, 1895, and departed this life at the Newton Memorial Hospital, Winfield, Kansas January 1, 1969.

She was one of a family of eight children, six girls and two boys.  She attended the rural school with her brothers and sisters.   When older, she became a practical nurse, going into the homes where there was illness and helping to care for the sick.

On November 11, 1913, she was united in marriage to Edward Burres and to this union were born four children, on son and three daughters.  Her husband was a farmer, so they lived on farms in several communities, which included Howard, Moline and Grenola.

Mrs Burres entered the Sedan hospital a month ago and was transferred from there to Newton Memorial hospital in Winfield, where she died.  She will be greatly missed by her loved ones and many friends.

There remains of her family, three daughters, Mrs Mabel Hoover, Atwater, California; Mrs. Lois Dunbar, Norwalk, California; and Mrs DeEtta Beaumont, Howard, Kansas; seven grandchildren; one brother Clarence Crismas, Howard, Kansas; two sisters, Gertrude Baumgartel, Howard, and Mrs. Myrtle Issac, Medford, Oklahoma. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1963; her son, James; her father, mother, one brother, and three sisters.

Funeral services were held Saturday, January 4, 2:00 p.m., in the chapel of the Spurrier-Watt Funeral Home, Howard.  The Rev. Ralph Olsen, pastor of the First Baptist Church, Howard, officiated.  Music was presented by Mrs. Curtis Morgan, accompanied by Mrs. Robn Smith at the organ.  Casket bearers were Kenneth Smith, Carl Hubbell, Paul Moore, Albert Bantz, Wayne Helms and Elwood Miller.  Concluding servies and burial were Grace Lawn cemetery, Howard.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk