Republican Kris Kobach's Big Government Platform

Started by Wake-up!, September 25, 2018, 08:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake-up!

Text below is from;  https://kriskobach.com/

Jobs
Donald Trump's historic election and the resulting economic boom have created vast sums of wealth and thousands of jobs for American workers, and Kansas is no exception. As Governor, I will take the same low-tax, low-regulation policies that have fired up the American economic engine and bring them to Kansas

My running mate, Wink Hartman, has created tens of thousands of jobs, during his time as an entrepreneur. Wink Hartman and I have a plan to keep Kansas moving forward. By keeping taxes and regulatory burdens low, we can unleash the power of entrepreneurs and job creators to bring high-paying jobs to hard-working Kansans. We will bring manufacturing jobs back to Kansas by supporting vocational education programs and ensuring Kansas has a skilled labor force to take advantage of economic growth.

Education
I support public education and believe we must focus on connecting students to fulfilling careers. Currently, only 53 cents of every tax dollar that is sent to our schools goes to classrooms. The rest gets swallowed up by administrators and other programs that don't directly benefit Kansas students. As Governor, I will direct more of the money into classrooms for things like teacher pay, books, and computers. My plan would ensure 75 percent of education funding is spent in the classroom.

By properly investing in our children's future, we can build a brighter, better future for Kansas students. That starts with preparing our children for jobs in the 21st Century. By developing new partnerships with trade schools and other job training programs, we can ensure our children have the skills they need for the jobs of the future.

End the Culture of Corruption, Enact Term Limits
Topeka has a culture of corruption. Part of the problem is that some in Topeka have just been there too long. How long? One leader of the opposition party has been there since Gerald Ford was President.Others have merely exchanged their legislative badges for lobbyist badges and are busy cashing in on the offices Kansans entrusted them with. This is wrong. We need term limits for all legislative and statewide elected officials.

Spending and Taxes
While state spending was increasing, my office reduced its budget from $7 million to $4.6 million. We didn't do that by cutting services. In fact we took on additional responsibilities. We did this by modernizing our office procedures, utilizing electronic communications, and modeling our office after the private sector.

In addition to cutting wasteful spending, I will fight stealth tax hikes from property appraisal increases so entrepreneurs can invest in their communities again. I proposed capping property tax appraisals so that no one person's property can increase in value more than 2 percent in a year and limiting appraisals to every 2-3 years, giving homeowners stability in the amount of taxes they can expect to pay on their property. Limiting the amount of money that property owners have to pay to the government opens up money that can be invested in new business and construction projects across Kansas.
Illegal Immigration

Enforcing our immigration laws is essential to our nation and to our state. It is essential to fighting terrorism, essential to fighting crime, and essential to protecting American workers. And the only way to combat a problem as severe as a lawless immigration system is to have action at both the federal and the state level.

Unfortunately, Kansas has become the sanctuary state of the Midwest. We are the only state in the 5-state area that has done nothing to discourage illegal immigration. Worse, we reward illegal aliens by giving them in-state tuition rates, and we provide $377 million in public welfare benefits to illegal aliens.

This hurts Kansas taxpayers. This puts Kansans' jobs at risk. And it puts Kansans' lives at risk. We can solve this problem in Kansas. But it takes leadership and political will. I'll get the job done. I will fight to:

End in-state tuition for illegal aliens;
    Stop providing welfare benefits to illegal aliens;
    End sanctuary cities and counties in Kansas; and
    Require recipients of Kansas government contracts to use E-Verify.

Life
As a husband and father of five daughters, I know there is nothing more precious than the life of a child. Thanks to the tireless work of pro-life advocates, Kansas has taken significant steps in recent years to safeguard and protect the lives of the unborn. As Governor, I will do everything in my power to protect, preserve and enhance the culture of life in Kansas. It is of the utmost importance to me personally to safeguard innocent human life from conception until natural death.

The 2nd Amendment
I'm a gun owner, a sportsman and an avid hunter. I'm also a husband and father. Self-defense is one of our most basic human rights. Yet anti-gun forces have been working overtime to restrict your right to keep and bear arms. Allowing citizens to protect themselves and their families is a Constitutional right that is bestowed on every American. As Governor, I will fight to safeguard and defend your right to keep and bear arms.

I will preserve our concealed carry rights and I will seek to expand our right to keep and bear arms. If the legislature attempts to restrict our rights in any way, I will veto such a bill.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.
- Harry Browne, 1996/2000 Libertarian Party Presidential candidate

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk