On Civilizing Mankind . . . .

Started by redcliffsw, June 26, 2017, 05:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Franz Oppenheimer identified the two basic means by which people can acquire wealth in the world: [1] the "economic means," and [2] the "political means." The "economic means" consists of relationships in which individuals voluntarily engage in transactions for the exchange of goods and services. The "political means" involve the forced taking of wealth belonging to one person and bestowing it upon another. In mutually-exclusive ways, these two methods implicate a principle whose support for or violation of determines the comparative civility of a culture: the private ownership of property. The "economic means" are premised on contracts (i.e., two or more persons freely exchanging ownership claims with one another), while the "political means" are grounded in confiscation (i.e., the taking of property by theft).

In a society organized by political means, you do not own your land, free of governmental restraints.  Even the phrase "eminent domain" is defined in terms of "eminent" (i.e., absolute) and "domain" (i.e., area of control). The words have such a legalistic ring to them that we fail to grasp their plundering nature.

Read on:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/06/butler-shaffer/ashes-western-civilization/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk