COOKSON, Louise Mary (McLean) - b. February 18, 1928 - d. November 5, 2015

Started by patyrn, November 09, 2015, 12:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Louise Mary Cookson, age 87, of Howard, Kansas, passed away at the Eureka, Nursing Center in Eureka, Kansas on November 5, 2015.  She was born February 18, 1928 in Howard, Kansas, the daughter of Charles and Opal (Munson) McLean.

After graduating from Howard High School, she married Eugene Cookson on March 22, 1948.  They lived in Wichita, Kansas where she worked at Beechcraft Company.  In 1954, Louise and Gene moved to Howard and founded Cookson's Electric.  After their store building burned in 1970, they bought the Western Auto business and moved to the former Smith & Goodwin building in Howard.  In 1975, they became a True Value store, and their son, Mark, continues to operate the business today.  Louise retired from Cookson's True Value in 1993.

Louise was a member of the Howard Chamber of Commerce, American Legion Women's Auxiliary, and the Square Dance Federation.

Louise is survived by her children, Mark Cookson, Robert Cookson and wife, Christena, and Linda Craig and husband, Robert, all of Howard, Kansas; her sister, Marie MaGee and husband, Charlie of Independence, Kansas; her brother, Richard McLean and wife, Juanita of Howard, Kansas; 5 grandchildren; and 8 great-grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her parents, Charley and Opal; her husband, Gene; an infant daughter, Sharon; her twin sister, Lucille Parker; and her brother, Charles "Chuck" McLean.

Funeral services will be held Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. at Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.  Interment will be at Grace Lawn Cemetery.  Family suggests memorials to the Howard Friendship Meals and may be sent to the funeral home.  Countryside Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

So sorry to learn that Louise had passed away, she was a very nice person and Myrna and I really enjoyed some good visits with her when we were in Howard. Her Husband, Gene was also a nice person, and I enjoyed lots of visits with him , some very Political, I can tell you without a doubt he would not like what is in Washington today. Louise's brother Richard and his wfe Juanita, were also good friends, Juanita is my adopted Sister, and We have been longtime close friends. Our sincere  Condolences to the family.

Catwoman

It was with regret that I read of the passing of Mrs. Cookson.  She was a wonderful lady, someone who was fun to talk with and a person that I truly enjoyed seeing when I would go into the store.  :)  ((((((hugs))))))) to her family.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk