Elk County elections

Started by Catwoman, April 07, 2015, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

It has been an interesting evening, getting to watch as the results of the election have been posted.  It is a proud moment, as an American, to get to see this most basic of rights being exercised by the public.  No politics being stated here...Just an overwhelming pride in getting to be witness to this process yet once again.  :) :) :)  Considering the state that a portion of this world is in, it's reassuring to see the common man having their voice be heard!  :) :) :)

redcliffsw

"The American people, North and South, went into the War Between the States as citizens of their respective states; they came out as subjects... And what they thus lost they have never got back."

-- H. L. Mencken

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on April 07, 2015, 08:54:01 PM
It has been an interesting evening, getting to watch as the results of the election have been posted.  It is a proud moment, as an American, to get to see this most basic of rights being exercised by the public.  No politics being stated here...Just an overwhelming pride in getting to be witness to this process yet once again.  :) :) :)  Considering the state that a portion of this world is in, it's reassuring to see the common man having their voice be heard!  :) :) :)

When the term "Election" is used, it usually applies to politics, making it very political.
e·lec·tion = a formal and organized process of electing or being elected, especially of members of a political body.

And actually I think this election show a considerable amount of apathy in Elk County except maybe on the part of Elk Konnected followers. Just an opinion based on the numbers so far provided.

The apathy was all over the place, so many positions, possibly being filled by a person writing themselves in  and being the only vote to win the seat. It makes me wonder, what exactly is important to Elk County residents.

Sure, I lost my bid for the West Elk School Board which did not surprise me. But for being known an outsider, I feel, I did real well with 38 votes[color] and not really doing any campaigning.

If you look at the present statics you will see that the present President of the School Board Matt Hilton only received 25 votes, that is 13 less votes than I did, and he was unopposed. That to me speaks volumes! Is he an outsider like me?! LOL

By my guesstimation there should possibly be between 400 and 450 people that could be registered to vote in Elk County and I don't see that many voting. Perhaps everyone that could be registered are not registered, perhaps not all registered voters voted. I don't have any hard cold facts. I may perhaps try to find out. But the largest sector of votes where located in the West Elk School Board for Mr. Elk Konnected himself, David Whetstone of Howard at 216 votes. Congratulations  Mr. Elk Konnected, was there any doubt.

I sure wish I was an expert analyst, what fun this would be ! 

So since I am not
please take all this with
a grain of salt.

TTFN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk