Ross

Black Privilege:
Students Get SAT Bonus Points for Being
Black
or
Hispanic
Asians Are Penalized
Posted by Jim Hoft

A report in the LA Times revealed that blacks and Hispanics get bonus SAT points at elite universities based on their race. Asian students however are penalized 50 points due to their race.
The LA Times reported, via DownTrend:

Lee's next slide shows three columns of numbers from a Princeton University study that tried to measure how race and ethnicity affect admissions by using SAT scores as a benchmark. It uses the term "bonus" to describe how many extra SAT points an applicant's race is worth. She points to the first column.

African Americans received a "bonus" of 230 points, Lee says.

She points to the second column.

"Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points."

The last column draws gasps.

Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

"Do Asians need higher test scores? Is it harder for Asians to get into college? The answer is yes," Lee says.

"Zenme keyi," one mother hisses in Chinese. How can this be possible?

Downtrend also noted that college athletes also receive bonus points during the application process.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/02/black-privilege-students-get-sat-bonus-points-for-being-black-or-hispanic-asians-are-penalized/

redcliffsw

We need more government to regulate this - Republicans will put a stop to this nonsense.

Anmar

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 02, 2015, 06:26:53 AM
We need more government to regulate this - Republicans will put a stop to this nonsense.

So you're in favor of government regulations when it suits your needs, but against it generally? 
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Ross

My personal opinion is we should have less regulation and a much smaller government.
But I feel we should restore our military to the once proud military it once was.
And anyone and I mean any politician caught intentionally lying or decieving the public ran out on a rail.

We don't deserve all the lies, do we?

And stop government from supporting talk that leads to division based on race, religion, politics etc.

General Betrayus should be serving time instead of receiving a slap on the hand a two years probation in my opinion. Why isn't he? Does have dirt on too many higher ups?

Apply the law equally across the board.

The above is where laws and regulations should be fully enforced, again only my opinion.

But it would never happen.

Anmar

Quote from: ROSS on March 04, 2015, 05:44:40 PM

And anyone and I mean any politician caught intentionally lying or decieving the public ran out on a rail.

We don't deserve all the lies, do we?

There would be nobody left to run the place!
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Ross

Quote from: Anmar on March 07, 2015, 01:33:05 PM
There would be nobody left to run the place!

You are right Anmar and that is our biggest problem. Honesty and the lack of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk