David Frum Had a Point . . .

Started by redcliffsw, February 01, 2015, 08:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

I'm writing a book on the politics and economics of war from a libertarian/Austrian economics perspective and just re-read the March 25, 2003 hit piece in National Neocon Review entitled "Unpatriotic Conservatives" by the Canadian fascist David Frum.  In it the former Bush administration speech writer condemned Lew Rockwell, especially, and everyone associated with him and this Web site as "anti-American" for opposing the Iraq War and not buying into the neocon fairy tale of "weapons of mass destruction."

It seems to me that the little Canadian fascist had a good point here.  For many generations now, the American Way of War has been imperialistic, aggressive, offensive wars against tiny little Third World countries that can barely shoot back.  The wars are always declared to be about "democracy" or some other high ideal, but of course they are always in reality about the acquisition of more money and power for our rulers and their corporate sponsors.  So it is indeed "anti-American" to oppose such wars.  I, for one, plead "guilty."
-Thomas DiLorenzo

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/david-frum-had-a-point/

Anmar

I actually agree with the author's point of view.  Our more modern wars have just been vehicles to funnel money to the wealthiest citizens.  I think a true American is someone who takes the time to learn about the issue and develop a point of view, for or against.  What's anti american is trying to tell someone they don't belong because their opinion is unpopular.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk