There Are No Limits on Government . . .

Started by redcliffsw, January 08, 2015, 07:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Even though everyone who works for the government takes an oath to uphold the Declaration and the Constitution, very few are consistent with what they have sworn to do. We know that because on the transcendental issues of our day — life, liberty, war and debt — the leadership of both political parties and the behavior of all modern presidents have revealed a steadfast willingness to write any law and regulate any behavior or permit any evil, whether authorized by the Constitution or not.

The British author is correct. Unless we have a radical change in the direction of government — its size, cost, focus, intrusiveness and rejection of first principles — and unless we elect people to the government who truly believe the Declaration and the Constitution mean what they say, we will continue our march toward the federal destruction of the presumption of liberty.
-Andrew P. Napolitano

Read on:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/01/andrew-p-napolitano/there-are-no-limits-on-government/

Varmit

What an idiot!!! Since when did ANY government do anything other than restrict the freedom of people!! The very purpose of government is to control people! We don't need a change in government we need a change in the mindset of the modern human psyche!
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

Government should place some limits on people.  My neighbor may want to kill me and steal my stuff, but there's the government limiting him from doing that.  thanks government! 

Our system was designed to have a limited government, and we've gone away from that.  Wanna blame someone?  look at yourselves.  Americans allowed their system to be corrupted by money and turned into an oligarchy. 

Elk County is no different, you people were given a number of solid candidates for your house seat, but who did you send to Washington?  The big government corporate henchman...
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk