Ice Storm Refugee Roma

Started by Roma Jean Turner, January 18, 2007, 05:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Hope all of you are fine.  I've missed the site.  My electricity came back on today.  I've spent the last week sleeping on a friends couch in Rockaway Beach, MO (Down by Branson) and thankful for a warm place.  Springfield looks like a war zone.  My trees are destroyed. Only minor damage on
some awnings thus far.  Can barely get out the back door for the limbs, all over both yards.  One
tree broke across my driveway, so am thankful that I can walk around it, but can't drive in until
the tree is taken out.  Everyone is in the same boat here.  Friday night was so eerie. 90% of the
city was without electricity and things falling left and right.  I'm glad to be back online.  Roma

Wilma

Welcome back, Roma.  Sorry you had to go through such an ordeal and hope you can get things cleaned up very soon.  That sounds worse than I had it 2 years ago.  I wasn't in Howard when the bad one hit back in 2001 or 02 and it was mostly cleaned up by the time we came over again.  Mother Nature's way of pruning.

genealogynut

I hope that none of your water lines froze up and burst. Do you have anyone close by to help you clean up the mess?

Ms Bear

So glad you are okay.  We had some ice here but no wind so we were really lucky.  I am still getting dead limbs from my trees from Hurricane Rita.  Hope you have help getting it cleaned up.

Roma Jean Turner

:laugh: Thank goodness, the pipes didn't freeze.  Last night was my first night home, it
was great to be in my own bed.  About 15 minutes after I got here my neighbor up the
street came down with his chain saw and cut up the tree in the driveway and
we stacked it by the curb.  I can now keep the car in the carport and close the gates so the
dogs can roam around.  It was fun watching them assess the situation here, the back yard
is quite a maze.  It's snowing here today.  As long as I have electricity I will be thankful.
There are still thousands without electricity here. Some of the beautiful old neighborhoods
here are very hard hit because there are so many huge trees in those areas.  I drove around
today and couldn't believe all the lines that were still down just on my way to get a hamburger.
Spring can't get here a day too soon can it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk