"FEEL Good" Story of the Day

Started by Warph, June 30, 2013, 12:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

32 Militants Killed in Afghan Operations

2013-07-19 16:12:35     Xinhua       Web Editor: Liu Yuanhui http://english.cri.cn/6966/2013/07/19/2561s776772.htm

Thirty-two militants have been killed in different Afghan provinces in the last 24 hours, said the country's Interior Ministry on Friday.

"Afghan forces and the NATO-led coalition troops conducted cleanup operations in Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Logar, Helmand and Kandahar provinces over the past 24 hours. As a result 26 Taliban insurgents had been killed, five wounded and six Taliban were detained," the ministry said in a statement providing daily operational updates.

The joint forces also seized weapons and found 49 rounds of landmines, it said.

On Thursday, six other militants, who were planting Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) along main roads, were killed when their IEDs went off prematurely in southern Kandahar and neighboring Helmand provinces, the statement noted.

The Taliban, which has been waging an insurgency for more than one decade, has yet to make comments.

On Thursday morning, eight Afghan laborers working in a U.S. military base were killed by the Taliban in the eastern province of Logar.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Bullwinkle

Spent an afternoon talking to my nephew that did four tours in Iraq. Frustrating that we are still handcuffing our troops with political correctness like in Nam. So many warriors lost because of having to have personal encounters rather than just taking out compounds known to be enemy with a hellfire.

upoladeb

when we go to war we should be able to smite them all.....otherwise call it something else.

Warph

Quote from: upoladeb on July 23, 2013, 04:21:39 PM
when we go to war we should be able to smite them all.....otherwise call it something else.

Like the good ol' days, huh?  ;D   As long as the Saudi's and MB are running Obuma's foreign policy, we have to take 'em out one at a time.  The good ol' Lord above will one day be in the 'smiten' business.

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 22, 2013, 09:37:13 PM
       Spent an afternoon talking to my nephew that did four tours in Iraq. Frustrating that we are still handcuffing our troops with political correctness like in Nam. So many warriors lost because of having to have personal encounters rather than just taking out compounds known to be enemy with a hellfire.

PC will always be there in the Services as long as the demo-rats and RINO's are in power.  We are killing way more insurgents then the numbers being released... I know this for a fact.  It's something the MSM and DOD don't want the American people to know.

Speaking of Warriors, Bull... you have one in your nephew, for sure.  Next time you speak to your nephew, thank him for me for his 4 tours in Iraq.  I know each one proved harder than the last. 
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Jihadi Work Accident: Three Egyptian Jihadists Killed When Car Bomb Detonates Prematurely In Sinai...

(Feel good story of the day)

Via Times of Israel:

A car bomb detonated near a police training camp near the northern Sinai city of el-Arish on Wednesday, killing three militants, Egyptian media reported.

Egyptian officials suggested that the car may have exploded prematurely, the latest in a wave of attacks sweeping Egypt since the July 3 ouster of President Mohammed Morsi.

Also in the northern Sinai peninsula, suspected Islamists attacked security checkpoints in el-Arish and the nearby town of Sheikh Zuweyid, killing a civilian and a soldier. Three soldiers were wounded, security officials said.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Jihadi Work Accident: Five Taliban Fighters Killed
When Their IEDs Detonate Prematurely

(Oooooops)

KABUL (WNA) — Three mine planters were killed by their own explosives while were placing a roadside mine in the main road of Kotal Khafak region, Chahar Sda District of Ghor province today early morning, the statement.

In a separate incident, two mine planters (Taliban) were killed by their own explosives while they were placing an anti-vehicle mine in the 1st District of Ghazni city capital of Ghazni province yesterday, the ministry of interior said in a statement on its website.

Afghan National Police encourages all citizens to report suspicious activities and criminal acts, the statement said.

--Warph

-- Warph

Bullwinkle

Will do, Warph.

He told me how the enemy would flee into mosques when he was in Fallujah. They weren't allowed to pursue them. However, the new and improved " Puff" gunship with the howlitzer didn't have to follow the same rules. They started with five mosques and ended up with one. The enemy shit their pants when it came on station.

One interesting thing he said he learned. They would be sitting on the tailgate of a vehicle, swinging their feet while riding through town. That was the same to the natives as if you flipped off someone here, showing the bottom of your feet to them. He said it would have helped if they had been made aware of that before being there.

Warph

CIA Vaporizes Three Al-Qaeda In The Arabian
Peninsula Fighters In Southern Yemen

(The only good jihadi, is a dead jihadi.  This is nothing more than the Saudis cleaning up what they believe to be the competition.  Take out the heads of AQ in other countries and bring the rest of the fold into the MB)

Via LWJ:

The US launched its second drone strike in four days in Yemen today, killing three al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula operatives as they were traveling in the south of the country.

The remotely piloted Predators or the more deadly Reapers launched missiles at a vehicle carrying AQAP operatives as they traveled in the town of Saeed in the southern province of Shabwa, The Associated Press reported.

Yemeni tribesmen told the news agency that "a known Saudi member" of AQAP was among the three fighters killed. The names of those said to have been killed in the strike have not been disclosed.

"The car in which the three were traveling — two Yemenis and a Saudi — was blown to pieces and all of them were killed outright," a Yemeni source told AFP, which also reported that there were two cars traveling together; one the vehicles escaped the strike.

Today's strike is the second in Yemen in four days. The previous strike, on July 27, which is said to have killed six AQAP fighters in the Al Mahfad area in Abyan province, broke a seven week long pause in drone activity in Yemen.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

CIA Kills 5 Al-Qaeda In The Arabian Peninsula
Jihadists In Eastern Yemen

(Third attack in five days)

Via LWJ:
http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/08/us_drones_kill_5_aqa_1.php

The US launched its third drone strike in Yemen in the past five days, killing five al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula operatives in an area in eastern Yemen that is said to be under the control of the terrorist group.

The remotely piloted Predators or the more deadly Reapers launched a pair of missiles at a target in the Qatan Valley in Hadramout province, killing five "al Qaeda militants," and wounding three others, Xinhua reported. Reuters said the missiles struck a car, while Xinhua reported that the strike took place at an "al Qaeda-held site in the Qatan valley" that is "used for training terrorists."

Hadramout is the ancestral home of Osama bin Laden's family, and the province has become an AQAP bastion over the past several years.
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

CIA Kills 3 Al-Qaeda Military "Training Experts" In Pakistan

A Pakistani Taliban commander said that the US killed three al Qaeda military "training experts" in a drone strike in North Waziristan that took place last weekend. Al Qaeda continues to support Taliban military operations in Afghanistan and conduct its own attacks despite claims from US commanders that the terrorist group is merely fighting for its survival in the country and maintains a minimal presence.

The US drone strike, which took place on July 28 in the Shawal Valley in North Waziristan, a known hub for terrorists crossing into Afghanistan, is reported to have killed four Arabs and four Taliban fighters.

The Taliban commander told Reuters that the Arab fighters were "al Qaeda training experts who had crossed the border from Afghanistan to look at ways of setting up a similar camp on Pakistani territory." The al Qaeda fighters were identified as "Abu Rashid from Saudi Arabia, Muhammed Ilyas Kuwaiti from Kuwait, and Muhammed Sajid Yamani from Yemen."

US intelligence officials who track al Qaeda in the region told The Long War Journal that they are aware of the reports of the deaths of the al Qaeda operatives, but would neither confirm nor deny them.

The Lashkar-al-Zil, or the Shadow Army, al Qaeda's paramilitary force that fields small conventional units in both Afghanistan and Pakistan, is known to operate training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Pakistan's tribal areas, which include North and South Wazirstan, host training camps for al Qaeda as well as a multitude of allied jihadist groups from inside and outside of Pakistan. In Afghanistan, al Qaeda is known to operate training camps in the remote northeastern provinces of Kunar and Nuristan.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk