NEWS FLASH! USD 282 Votes...

Started by Patriot, September 12, 2012, 02:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

The school board for USD 282 has voted NOT to participate in the Elk County Neighborhood Revitalization tax rebate plan.

Apparently, a majority of board members, after review & consideration, have decided against rebating portions of their tax revenues to a selected few citizens in Elk County.  I understand the vote was 4-2 against with David Whetstone (Elk Konnected LLC steering committee member & major point of contact) voting with one other member in favor of participation.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 12, 2012, 02:46:43 PM
The school board for USD 282 has voted NOT to participate in the Elk County Neighborhood Revitalization tax rebate plan.

Apparently, a majority of board members, after review & consideration, have decided against rebating portions of their tax revenues to a selected few citizens in Elk County.  I understand the vote was 4-2 against with David Whetstone (Elk Konnected LLC steering committee member & major point of contact) voting with one other member in favor of participation.

Kudos for the School Board.
Sorry Konnected David Whetstone!
An elected entity showing some common sense!

proelkco

Ross why do you always think Elk Konnected is involved? Again you sound like a nut case.

Patriot

Quote from: proelkco on September 12, 2012, 04:06:02 PM
Ross why do you always think Elk Konnected is involved? Again you sound like a nut case.

Don't do very well at connect the dot puzzles, do you?  Would those be walnuts or peanuts?  :)

proelkco

Blah Blah Blah  You and Ross need to dig a little deeper.

Patriot

Quote from: proelkco on September 12, 2012, 04:43:48 PM
Blah Blah Blah  You and Ross need to dig a little deeper.

Where would you suggest we dig?  I'm thinking given the almost violent, unsupported reactions we've seen in the last year and a half, we've found the right nerve.  You know, the one that drives self interested power brokers & their croneys bonkers because it leads ordinary folk to wake up, question and dig for themselves.
:o

Bullwinkle

Perhaps she should change her moniker to proEK.

proelkco

No proelkco is just fine. I am not against Elk Konnected, 4-H, FFA, etc. Try he not she.

Ross

Quote from: proelkco on September 13, 2012, 09:02:06 AM
No proelkco is just fine. I am not against Elk Konnected, 4-H, FFA, etc. Try he not she.

Well proelkco what is wrong with giving kudo's to the school board for doing the right and positive thing for the school children and Elk County? Afterall those tax dollars are for the education of the school Children and not meant for welfare called a rebate.  Which is based on the proposed Neighborhood Revitalization Program which runs negative against Elk County in my opinion and a few others as well.

So, how about it do we hear a kudo for the Elected School Board officials or not?

I assume if you are really Pro Elk County we might hear something positive from you on what the school board has accomplished.
Let's hear it!

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on September 13, 2012, 09:58:52 AM
...Afterall those tax dollars are for the education of the school Children and not meant for welfare called a rebate.  Which is based on the proposed Neighborhood Revitalization Program...

Since it was a primary Elk Konnected contact that was in favor of giving away school tax dollars, perhaps that says something about the EK thinking process.... unlike their repeated drumbeats in the town square, maybe it's NOT all for the kids.  Maybe it IS about lollipops for the public & steak for the elites.  Maybe having this mix between community organizers (EK & Public Squares) and government (the school board) ISN'T healthy.  Gee, look at the Obama/ACORN marriage.  Not good.  Not good at all.

Thanks again to the four board members who took the time to get informed and then act in the best interests of our children, putting the schools ahead of the private interests of a select few special interests!  For the others, it's not what you say that matters... it's what you do that counts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk