CDC Develops a Plan for a "Zombie Apocalypse?"

Started by Warph, July 29, 2012, 02:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

First, let me say:
You will need more than these recommendations to survive an undead event.... like, for instance, a shotgun.

"Some of Howard's town Zombies heading to the "Sweet and Spicy" for some of those
great Donuts and Apple Fritters this past weekend"

On Monday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued an unusual warning: that a zombie apocalypse is coming, and you'd better be prepared.

Rear Admiral Ali S. Khan, MD, who heads the CDC's Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response, wrote:
"The rise of zombies in pop culture has given credence to the idea that a zombie apocalypse could happen. In such a scenario zombies would take over entire countries, roaming city streets eating anything living that got in their way. The proliferation of this idea has led many people to wonder "How do I prepare for a zombie apocalypse?"

Khan recommends such standard disaster procedures as keeping water and bleach on hand, and planning a family meeting place if a disaster hits.

Which is great, but it leads us to the question: Why is the CDC telling us to do this?

http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk