Great! Now where's the beef... er money?

Started by Patriot, January 05, 2012, 10:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humpy

Steve I almost re-registered my truck in Sedgwick County because the tax would have been 1/2 .
I don't worry about "tag enforcement" because that law is invalid due to preceidence set in federal bankruptcy court defining a residence.
  I figure that if Elk county needs to steal that much money, because they can't manage squat, then I would fork up my share.
  Hell we got 300 some kids to educate in West Elk and only a 9 million dollar budget.
  Half of property taxes coming up.........please pass the K-Y jelly.

Patriot

Quote from: Humpy on February 28, 2012, 01:50:41 PM
.........please pass the K-Y jelly.

Based on local consumption rates, it's more economical to buy it by the drum.... but you'll have to buy it out of county & pay shipping.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: srkruzich on February 28, 2012, 12:13:54 PM
HOLY CRAP!  sheesh. my uncle just paid 282.00 on a 2012 mustang, 21.00 on his 1980 pickup that he rebuilt and droped a l6 corvette motor in decked out to the 9's, 21 bucks on a 1961 corvair corsa convertible restored, and a 1929 ford sedan restored it cost him 21.00 

And your Uncle lives where?

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 28, 2012, 04:11:09 PM
And your Uncle lives where?
Atlanta. Why?  small town and county should hae very low tax rates.   His are considererd one of the highest in the state. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Janet Harrington

I just wondered where he could get vehicle tags so cheap. Might want to move there.

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 28, 2012, 08:10:54 PM
I just wondered where he could get vehicle tags so cheap. Might want to move there.
Tags are cheap, property taxes are reasonable, but land is high.  You end up paying 25,000 per acre for land in areas that are desirable to live in.  Some property sells for 100k a acre no house no improvements.

Its not too bad outside of that on COL.  Gas is definately cheaper, like around 40 cents cheaper a gallon most of the time.

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pepelect

What happened to the $450,000 that the county was supposed to get?   We were promised 450,000 weren't we?

$40,000 truck should have $900 tax bill.

What planet did you pull the school budget from?  Did you subtract out all the coop special Ed for Sedan, Longton, and then now Burden?   If we had a $9million budget the taxes would be double what they are now. Fte is not students in classroom there are more kids than that.  If you don't live in 282 district you don't pay for 282 schools.

So the question is :  If you Send your kids out of district where does the money go?

Patriot

Quote from: Not-fred on March 06, 2012, 12:46:26 AM
So the question is :  If you Send your kids out of district where does the money go?

No, the question is... what are you talking about?

Welcome back Patrick.  Good to have PEP with us again.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk