What They Gave To Me

Started by Carl Harrod, May 06, 2009, 10:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Judy Harder

I am so proud to be an AMERICAN!

This is just perfect...........and "AWESOME!"
thanks t
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Fantastic!  It brings back memories of all the marching bands I was in when I was in school.  We used to do formations all the time.  We would practice everyday of the week and then perform during halftime at the Friday night game.  A memory in particular...........
At Colorado State College (now University of Northern Colorado) we were invited to perform at the halftime of a professional football game between the Denver Broncos and New York Jets.  It was going to be televised.  Televised pro football was just really getting started.  As we sat there watching the game, it began to snow.  Our marching band depended on seeing and lining up on the yard lines in order to make the formations look good.  I had a hole in my shoe.  At halftime, we went on the field and must have looked ridiculous as we could not see the yard lines under the snow and when we got back into the stands I took off my shoe and held my butane hand warmer on my foot to keep from getting frostbite.  Ahhh, those were the days.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Ah yes! The best memories ever.  I loved seeing that. Thanks Teresa!
We didn't play football in high school so our halftime show was on a soccer field.
  UD had a wonderful band...lots of good memories, similar to Larry's. We did the snow routine also ...no yard lines showing, but we were able to use the side markers pretty well.  We all carried the butane hand warmers too. It was a rather small band then, but Big Blue has more than 300 now. I'm very proud of them and still support them in every way I can, even after all these years. And no hazing either!

W. Gray

Larry,

I can remember having a hole in my shoe sole and placing thin cardboard in the bottom to protect my foot and help the shoe last longer. The cardboard would last a while and then another piece would go in until I was finally forced to buy a new pair of shoes.

Looking back, I am not sure whether I could not afford a new pair of shoes or I just liked the ones I had and did not want to give them up. Maybe it was a combination of both.

This was also probably around the time that resoling costs began to skyrocket.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

Teresa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk