Deer Hunting

Started by genealogynut, November 06, 2006, 08:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

It would be so nice if the licensed deer hunters would thin out the deer population considerably that are in the Chautauqua Hills and around the Elk City Lake.  They seem to be rather thick in those areas.  I think the firearms season starts on Nov. 29th.

DanCookson

It would be really nice if all the landowners in those areas would let local people hunt, but most of the private land is leased to outfitters and is hunted by out of state hunters. 

genealogynut

You are absolutely right!  Thanks for posting that.  Now, does anyone have a viable solution?  I do have a question, though.  Is hunting allowed on the wild game reserve?  Or are there restrictions?  I do not know much about that, so maybe someone would like to educate me.

hhjacobs

As a land owner I would love to let local people hunt if they paid as much as the outfitters do.With taxes going up and crops not doing so well. That money would come in handy. Marjean

hhjacobs

I as a land owner would like to let locals hunt if they paid as much as the outfitters pay. Taxes are going up and crops did't do well this year. That money would come in handy. Marjean

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk