West Elk Audit and Survey

Started by Ross, October 25, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

If the school board only wanted parents to attend, they would have sent letters to only the parents and not made it public about this meeting. Geeze people. How simple is that? If you are not a parent and they wanted to keep this secret, you would have never known about it.

Ross

Well, it looked to me that they were quite successful in keeping the taxpayers and the general public away from the meeting.
There were only about a dozen people how pathetic is that?

There were two professors there that talked with the people and asked for input on various subjects including the quality of teachers through financing of the school. Guess who finances the school, you the taxpayer.

The professors were really decent. I did ask them if they only wanted parents of students in attendence or everyone.
They said they wanted everyone that was willing to come. The better the turn out, the ,ore input and the better the survey.

As I said only a dozen or so showed up, that to me is a pretty dismal turn out.

Oh well.

readyaimduck

It would be interesting to read their survey of this meeting.  And i use the word interesting as in:   Our ball is red, so therfore it is not blue.

Unfortunately, I am not so sure why people in general, didn't attend.
I know what you wrote, Ross.   Letters were sent out to parents and there was a link to fill out the questionaire.
Perhaps it was more of an inadequacy to reach people, as not all parents are computer savvy.
Sometimes we only have 3 in church.   Is it the fault of the preacher, the congregation, the musician?
Hell if I know.   People attend when they think they will no longer have what was given.
Same with church and politics.

Dam!!!!!!   I should separate those two! ?)  :)  :( 

taxpayers will pay for what they believe in and are able to, irregardless of the survey. 
opinions are everywhere.  Money is not at this time.  Priorites are important, and most are feeling it.
Those in control will try to get more.
Trust me, the farmers will be next.
ready and out

Diane Amberg

How were people deliberately kept away from the meeting?  "They" somehow did it? How about normal apathy?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk