CRIGER, Donald Ervin - b. August 1, 1939 - d. October 20, 2011

Started by frawin, October 21, 2011, 08:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Don passed away yesterday at KU Med Center. I lost a lifelong Friend and classmate. We have stayed in touch over the years and I will really miss him. The obituary should follow today.

Diane Amberg

I'm so sorry. I knew a few of the Criger family back when.

frawin

Donald Ervin Criger
1939 – 2011

Donald Ervin "Don" Criger, 72, of Humboldt, Kansas, passed away Thursday, October 20, 2011 at KU Medical Center in Kansas City, Kansas.  Don was born in Marmarth, North Dakota on August 1, 1939, the son of George A. and Helen M. (Hoag) Criger.

He graduated from Howard High School in Howard, Kansas in 1958. After graduation he served his country in the Army. He was united in marriage to his wife of 52 years, Janey (Bantz) Criger. He was in law enforcement and drove a truck for many years and was a member of the VFW and Kansas Peace Officers Association.

Don is survived by his wife, Janey Criger of Humboldt, Kansas; two sons, Mark Criger and wife Monica of Humboldt, Kansas, and Mike Criger of the home; one daughter, Donna Ellsworth and husband Chris of Humboldt, Kansas; grandchildren, Reece Criger of Humboldt, Kansas, Carina Criger of Shawnee, Kansas, Lynda Ellsworth of Elgin, Texas, and David Ellsworth of Humboldt, Kansas; two great grandchildren, JaLynn and Dominque Ellsworth of Humboldt, Kansas; his mother, Helen Criger of Overbrook, Kansas; and siblings Bob Criger of Altoona, Kansas, Mark Criger of Overbrook, Kansas, Virginia Marti of Altoona, Kansas, and Michelle Nunnenkamp of Altoona, Kansas.  He was preceded in death by one son, Marty Criger; his father, George A. Criger; and brother, Jay Criger.

Graveside services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on October 28, 2011 at Mount Hope Cemetery in Humboldt, Kansas.  Memorials in his name may be made to the Humboldt Volunteer Fire Department and may be left with the funeral home.  Penwell-Gabel Humboldt Chapel, 908 Central, Humboldt, Kansas 66748 is in charge of arrangements.

Janet Harrington

Oh, gosh, I remember Don Criger. He was Rex Bantz's brother-in-law. He was a great guy. Sympathy to the family.

frawin

Services for Don will be Friday, 10-28-2011 at 11:00 at the Mount Hope Cemetery at Humboldt.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk