PERKINS, Robert C. "Bob" - b. July 23, 1921 - d. Oct. 20, 2011

Started by Marcia Moore, October 20, 2011, 07:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcia Moore

Robert (Bob) Carlton Perkins, 90, of Howard, died October 20, 2011 at the Howard Twilight Manor in Howard, Kansas.

Bob was born July 23, 1921 in Howard to Clara Ida (Forsyth) and Carl Reuben Perkins. He was raised on a farm west of Howard. Following graduation from Howard High School in 1939, he completed sheet metal instruction through Swallow Airplane Company in Wichita.

On October 18, 1943, Bob married Ruth Maxine Baughman in Boise while he was stationed at Mountain Home, Idaho with the 379th Air Service Squadron of the Army. They lived in Boise briefly before he was deployed overseas. He enjoyed telling stories of the time spent in Central Europe during World War II. He was honorably discharged in December, 1945.

Bob was employed for several years with Boeing Aircraft and Beech Aircraft in Wichita. Bob and Ruth operated their farm west of Howard many years before they moved to town.

Ruth preceded Bob in death in 2002. A daughter, Carla Beth Perkins, also preceded Bob in death.

Survivors include five sons, Max Perkins, Houston; Terry Perkins, Howard; Steve Perkins, Douglass; Randy, Winfield and Carl, Los Angeles; three daughters, Carol Perkins, Overland Park; Sharon Wagner, Howard and Tracy McDonald, Arkansas City; one brother Maurice Perkins, Howard; eleven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, October 22, 2011 at Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home with Pastor Robin Haines officiating. Interment will be at Grace Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 2 to 6 p.m. at the funeral home. A memorial has been established with the Hospice Care of Kansas in El Dorado. Contributions may be made through the Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, P.O. Box 1233, Howard, KS 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

larryJ

I am dusting off my brain here, but I seem to recall that there were some Forsyths living next door to my grandmother Andrews on the southwest corner of Randolph and Pennsylvania across the street north of the school.  Not that it matters, it just stirred some old memories.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

Larry, that was Grandma Forsyth, she lived there alone until she passed away.

larryJ

Thanks, I remembered Granny mentioning the name a few times.  I don't remember ever seeing anyone there, but that was a long long time ago.  I also seem to remember it was a pretty big house, but then things always seem bigger when you're a kid. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

kshillbillys

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Sharon and family at this time.---Robert and Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk