10 (76.9%)
60-69 miles
1 (7.7%)
don't know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: December 14, 2006, 01:37:00 PM

bowie boy

''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

Wilma

Is this a trick question?  Because it used to be 61 miles from Severy to Wichita City limits.  With the new 99 highway and 400 highway and the east side of Wichita being further east, it shouldn't be more than 70 miles now.  Do you know for sure?

Joanna

My family seems to judge distance by minutes, not miles Wilma; and it's a lot shorter trip for some of us than for others! Ha! Ha!

Wilma

It does seem a much shorter trip via 400.  I wondered why we can make it to Wal-Mart on the east side of Wichita in just over an hour, doing the speed limit, when I realized the east side of Wichita is much closer than it used to be.  I know some people, not naming names, can make it faster than that, but my driver acknowledges speed limits.

Janet Harrington

I took a guess, but guessed wrong.  If you want to know the answer according to the Kansas Department of Transportation's mileage map, go to this link...

http://www.ksdot.org/burTransPlan/dist_chrt.cgi

You can find out what the mileage is between any city in Kansas.

Janet Harrington

...and I do not drive fast, Mother.  :P

Wilma

Wilma

I notice that distance chart was done in 2002.  Don't you think maybe the new 99 has cut off another mile?  I was wrong, too.

Janet Harrington

No, I don't believe that the new highway has changed any mileage.  I will check it the next time I drive it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk