GORMAN, Sally Lee (Stewart) - b. November 23, 1927 - d. July 29, 2011

Started by patyrn, July 30, 2011, 08:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

I just received word that Sally Gorman passed away last night.  She had been hospitalized in Wichita.

More details will follow when received.

debid

That makes me so sad.  I adored Sally.

Jane

If it had not been for Sally we would have lost Helen Vinette long before we did. She will be missed by our family.

Catwoman

Miss Sally was a good friend to me.  The world has lost an interesting lady.  My heartfelt condolances to her family and all of us whom she touched.  :'(

patyrn

Sally Lee (Stewart) Gorman, age 83, a resident of Howard, Kansas, passed away Friday, July 29, 2011 at the Galichia Heart Hospital in Wichita, Kansas.  She was born November 23, 1927 in Wichita, Kansas, the daughter of George Wade and Elsie Beatrice (Huffman) Stewart.

She was united in marriage to George G. Gorman on July 13, 1946 in Howard, Kansas.  She worked as the Activities Director at the Howard Twilight Manor for many years.  Sally was a member of the Howard United Methodist Church and the Carter Rader Post #149 Ladies Auxiliary.  She enjoyed knitting and was a very avid sports fan of high school, college, and pro sports.

Sally is survived by one son, Greg Gorman of Pleasanton, Kansas; one daughter, Teresa Gorman of Howard, Kansas; one brother, George Wallace Stewart of Billings, Montana; and two grandchildren.  She was preceded in death by her parents and and by her husband, George on April 17, 1992.

Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home in Howard with Pastor Robin Haines officiating.  Family suggests contributions be made either to the West Elk Elementary Library or the Howard Senior Citizens Center and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Diane Amberg

I knew her from when Grandma Dessie was at Twilight Manor. A delightful person and always so helpful. She would always let us know if Grandma needed anything. I had the pleasure of speaking with her many times and when we went to visit she made sure we all sat at the special ''guests table". She and Doris Shipman were such a blessing for us.

Janet Harrington

I loved talking to Sally in the last years of her life. We would coffee together at Toots. I can tell you that Sally loved working at Twilight Manor. She cared so much for the residents and worked so hard to keep their minds occupied. Sally, you will be missed. You raised two great kids that will carry on your legacy.

doobie

All of the gang that hung out in Howard with Tubby and Teresa as friends had another of the many MOMS that watched over us and her name was Sally.  I loved Sally and George, hope to see them again.
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

patyrn

Isn't that the truth?  We had a great hometown environment in the 50s and 60s of being accountable to all our friends' parents, because they were all watching out for our well-being and setting us straight in case we chose to stray..............Sally was one of those jewels.  Lots of fond memories..............

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk