Happy Labor Day

Started by W. Gray, September 04, 2011, 08:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Ms. Bear, I saw on the news tonight that there are fores in your area, and it has concerned me. Please keep in touch!  ;)
Edie

Ms Bear

The fires are too close for comfort.  One was about 15 miles south of here and they have it out but another very large one is less than 50 miles west of here.  The news this morning is they are letting people back in to the areas that were evacuated, two houses lost.  Don't know if it is out or if it has just moved away from residences.  Another one at Huntsville which is less than 75 miles northwest and another at Woodville, about 75 miles northeast and then more up around Lufkin which is North of here.  I have 6 greatgrandkids up there.

It was in the 50's here last night but very dry, the wind is not blowing and I am sure that is helping.  This is the second time that I have seen it dry as it is now and all we can do is hope people will use some common sense.  They were asking people to not use outdoor barbeque's this weekend, arrested two 19 year olds for starting fires.  One fire was started by an idiot pulling another car with a flat tire that was causing sparks, no houses lost in that one but several acres burned before it was under control.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk