Have you planted Tomatoes yet??

Started by frawin, April 05, 2010, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

No problem diane, I just watered an hour or so ago and they perked right up. Still have green tomato's that don't show they are in distress..........just not growing. Also the blooms may still be there....least their stems are.
And if I pulled them up, the bed would be empty and a big waste of my effort. I am not giving up. YET
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 22, 2011, 04:31:10 PM
If your tomatoes wilt during the heat of the day but perk up again in the evening ,don't give up.Many do that to conserve moisture.If you know they've given plenty of water, please give them another chance.

Tomato leaves curl up at the edges if they don't get enough water and if they are getting too much water.  The whole plant will wilt but it takes its toll on the plant if it happens too much.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Janet Harrington

I think Jim picked his first tomato today. They are just not producing. A gentleman that I work with brought some very nice tomatos to work the other day, so I did enjoy a nice fresh large tomato with my lunch. Oh, how I love garden fresh tomatos. I don't believe there has ever been a better food made by God.

Catwoman

Ahem...Finest food created by God?  That would have to be an even draw between (1) crisp, sweet, corn on the cob, roasted then dipped in butter and sprinkled with mesquite (a la Kansas State Fair); (2) my homemade candy; (3) Dulce de Leche ice cream by Haagen Dasz; (4) my mama's Baby Puddin' Pie; and (5) my mama's homemade ANYTHING.

Crap.  I'm hungry again.  So much for my diet.

Judy Harder

I gave it up. Not only were my 'maters wilting during the day and just standing there not going no where...over the weekend I noticed a beatle.not sure what kind.but next I saw the bottom leaves turning brown and then looked the plant over and they were eating up a storm.
So lastnight I pulled them up and trashed them.
Guess that is the last time I try tomato's in the ground....next year, if there is a next year. Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will put them in containers and make sure they stay in sun.

OR, I will just remember when and hope neighbors and friends have bumper crops to share. I did get one or two tomato's that actually tasted good........like tom's ought to.......oh well......my cukes look good yet. Did see a beatle on them, not same breed but I dusted it this morning and there are blooms galore.
:'( :'( :-\
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Aw, that's too bad. But I have a feeling you'll have plenty when everybody starts having having them. We ate the few we had and now they are just sitting there too. Too hot.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 26, 2011, 11:56:45 AM
Aw, that's too bad. But I have a feeling you'll have plenty when everybody starts having having them. We ate the few we had and now they are just sitting there too. Too hot.

I sure could have used a bunch of maters this year.  I really would have loved to get some tomato sauce without all the sugar in it.  Plus i miss those tomato sammiches! Mmmmmmm
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

I'm still hopeful they will come on late. I'd like to make sauce too. I'm just about out of last year's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk