Fox News Coverage

Started by sixdogsmom, May 02, 2011, 07:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Uh, guns, please forgive me for even asking this.  Am I a fence post?

sixdogsmom

Bush policy-- don't ask, don't tell!  :D
Edie

Anmar

Even Fox news says its not a 100% news station.  Even fox news says their shows are about opinion.  Why would anyone still believe that Fox News is actually news?  Hannity, Beck, all of them frequently admit that they are NOT journalists....

How much of a fool would you have to be to go on this big long rant about how great of a news source that Fox news is, when fox news itself contradicts you?

edit: 

I don't want to politicize the assassination of Bin Laden, but I don't think credit should be given to politicians.  Sure, they can set priorities, but its the armed forces who do the work.  Obama made it a priority to get him, Bush did not. 

Bush calls him marginalized, so he's not a threat anymore.  However Navy seals found a lot of plans to carry out attacks coming up next September.  Is there any doubt that our intelligence was a complete and utter failure under the leadership of the Bush administration?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Warph

Quote from: Wilma on May 06, 2011, 01:27:50 PM
Uh, guns, please forgive me for even asking this.  Am I a fence post?

LOL... I think that was Gun's rather....er... nice way of saying that I'm the post turtle, Wilma.
Who knows... maybe she's right.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: sixdogsmom on May 06, 2011, 01:36:01 PM
Bush policy-- don't ask, don't tell!  :D

Whoops, Six... sounds like Obuma's policy... "don't ask, don't tell."  Case in point, the way he kissed-off one of the ladies at ground zero yesterday when she asked about Holder and the seals. 

Obuma will walk and has walked in his predecessor's footsteps... and not comfortably.  For bin Laden's capture has only highlighted the argument of many former Bush administration officials that Obuma has continued more of their policies than he cares to admit.  Take counterterrorism for instance.... Obuma embraced the bulk of the Bush counterterrorism policies as they stood in January 2009.  The Bush counterterrorism policies as they stood in 2009 were quite different than the ones early in the Bush administration, as we all know... the result of years of pushback, alteration and tweaking by courts.. Congress... the press... civil society and many actors inside the Bush administration.  When you get down to it, there are many parallels between Bush's retreat from tactics like waterboarding and Obuma's abandoned plans to bring detainees to the U.S. for trial and detention.  Many of the same political pressures that led Bush to dial back his aggressive counterterrorism policies also led Obuma to dial back some of his counterterrorism policies, including closing Gitmo and trying Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in civilian court.  The two very different presidents have ended up in about the same place because of the larger structural pressures at work on the post-9/11 presidency.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: Anmar on May 06, 2011, 07:11:43 PM
Even Fox news says its not a 100% news station.  Even fox news says their shows are about opinion.  Why would anyone still believe that Fox News is actually news?  Hannity, Beck, all of them frequently admit that they are NOT journalists....
How much of a fool would you have to be to go on this big long rant about how great of a news source that Fox news is, when fox news itself contradicts you?
edit:  I don't want to politicize the assassination of Bin Laden, but I don't think credit should be given to politicians.  Sure, they can set priorities, but its the armed forces who do the work.  Obama made it a priority to get him, Bush did not. 
Jeez, Anmar... if you ask me, it sounds like you watch FOX more than the other news channels.  Let me correct you... Bush always made it a priority to get UbL.  Remember, it took 10 years of very hard investigation for the CIA, DOD and other covert groups to track him down.  Eight of those 10 years belonged to Bush and only two on Obuma's watch.  When you get down to it, neither president had a thing to do with the final outcome.  It was all the counterterrorism groups that made it possible.     
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

...nobody expects the death of Usama bin Laden by American forces to be a cause of celebration by America's enemies either abroad or home.

Republicans see this as a victory over Al Qaeda....

Liberals see this as a victory over Republicans.

--Warph

-- Warph

Teresa

Quote from: Warph on May 07, 2011, 01:25:35 PM
...nobody expects the death of Usama bin Laden by American forces to be a cause of celebration by America's enemies either abroad or home.

Republicans see this as a victory over Al Qaeda....

Liberals see this as a victory over Republicans.

Perfectly said my friend..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk