Scholarship for a better future!

Started by pepelect, May 04, 2011, 06:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

I had the great honor of attending and also presenting at the scholarship and NHS induction ceremony at West Elk.

This is a great event to top off the 13 years each senior has devoted to expanding their minds.  There were a wide spectrum of schools that sent representatives to present scholarships.  The staggering amount of money this senior class has earned is overwhelming.  Some of these are a one time scholarship but a few are given for the entire life of the post-secondary career.  College scholarship accounted for over$180,000 presented to this small class of 26. 

We have three Kansas state merit scholars and one national merit scholar. 

The number of scholarships both new and existing makes for a very daunting task of applying.  Many late nights and Sundays working filling out apps and getting well rounded education on paper was wrangled by a part time compensated but full time dedicated Debbie Zellner. 

The most impressive part, aside from the fact that none of the NHS inductee's candle blew out on the  long walk of ten feet to the candelabra,was the impressive amount of local scholarships that were awarded.   I think the tally to date was over $115,000. 

So to this I give a hearty pat on the back to the bright seniors and juniors that have worked so hard.  This financial help is going to help them get a leg up on continuing their post secondary education.  With student tuition and books at historic levels $403,500.00 makes a huge dent.

Congratulations!  Job well done.

Patriot

Congratulations to the recipients!  Diligence and hard work are traits of which to be proud.  You are a credit to yourselves, your parents and your community.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk