“Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate

Started by flintauqua, April 04, 2011, 03:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

"But never mind the lessons of history, or events unfolding across the Atlantic: Republicans are now fully committed to the doctrine that we must destroy employment in order to save it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/opinion/01krugman.html
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

thatsMRSc2u

srkruzich

I don't think that it is going to kill jobs to cut spending.  First of all most of Government is run by overpaid workers who wouldn't make it in a free market.  They are there because they can't get fired.  THe ones that are quality employees will be retained and they will earn higher wages once the chaff is sifted out.  
What do those that are sifted out do?  Who knows.  THey will work at something maybe even get educated, maybe hunger will teach them how to become productive in a free market.  
What is needed is 50% reduction in government, pay down the debt, then go with a balanced budget.   Is it going to hurt like hell, you bet!    Not much different from being treated for a disease.  IT hurts  before it gets better.

I would say cut the hell out of everything, in 2 -5 years pay down the debt, get us on a pay as you go budget, and reduce the taxs once it is on a PAYG system.   RIght now we have far too many useless programs that should never have been created in the first place.  For example, NPR, National Endowment for the ARts, Dept of ED
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk