Is America becoming a Hispanic country?

Started by frawin, March 18, 2011, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

This has been in the news several days, I thought someone else would post something on it, noone did. I am anxous to see comments from others
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/03/18/navarrette.hispanic.census/index.html?hpt=Sbin

sixdogsmom

Of course the illegals need to be stopped, but that isn't going to happen as long as there are jobs for them. And as long as there are those to hire them for cheap wages they will come. As far as those hispanics who are here legally and trying for a piece of the American dream, more power to 'em.  8) 8)
Edie

Anmar

Along the way, we incorporated a lot of land that was held by hispanic populations.  When that occurred, we opened up the door to having a large percentage of hispanic people living within our borders.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

sodbuster

Yes we are gaining a more hispanic demographic. The Western states were founded by Spain and their territory Mexico. (Shouldn't be news to anyone) Let us not think that they are all illegal aliens, because they are not. Many hispanics in the West and Texas have been here in the West long before the current demographic. In no way does my statement mean that we are not in need of a much better control of our immigration, both legal and illegal.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

sixdogsmom

Since the United States became an entity, there have been scares against any group that seemed to be filling up the country. Each group has managed to make an impact on the country, we have St, Patricks' day, October Fest, Chinese New Year, and on and on. For the most part, we are all interlopers here, resting our laurels on ground that belonged to somebody else; the North American Indiian. So exactly what is the gripe?
Edie

Warph

Quote from: sixdogsmom on March 18, 2011, 07:42:05 PM
Since the United States became an entity, there have been scares against any group that seemed to be filling up the country. Each group has managed to make an impact on the country, we have St, Patricks' day, October Fest, Chinese New Year, and on and on. For the most part, we are all interlopers here, resting our laurels on ground that belonged to somebody else; the North American Indiian. So exactly what is the gripe?

No gripe here, Six.... you and David covered it pretty well.  I must admit the mexican woman is one of the prettiest creatures we have here in AZ. 

And it is so good to see you back also, David.  I hope you are healing well, buddy.  Your wit and wisdom has been sorely missed on the forum.  Keep up the good work.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: Anmar on March 18, 2011, 06:33:11 PM
Along the way, we incorporated a lot of land that was held by hispanic populations.  When that occurred, we opened up the door to having a large percentage of hispanic people living within our borders.

DUH..... no shit, Gomer
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sodbuster

Quote from: Warph on March 19, 2011, 01:29:47 PM

No gripe here, Six.... you and David covered it pretty well.  I must admit the mexican woman is one of the prettiest creatures we have here in AZ.  

And it is so good to see you back also, David.  I hope you are healing well, buddy.  Your wit and wisdom has been sorely missed on the forum.  Keep up the good work.

Warph, you are sooo right on the beauty of Mexican women. On a serious note I have healed as much as I am going to from the fire. It has left me with a serious loss of my lung function and a few other problems, possibly with my heart. I am having a hard time dealing with my new reality, but coming to the forum really makes me feel better.  I know you have been through a lot with your valley fever which is no cakewalk.  Just tell me you weren't over in the Mideast causing all these disruptions, you know I think your work with State involved these kind of black ops actions :laugh:

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

kshillbillys

I wish there was a LIKE button on here, like Facebook has. Teresa---could you do that? I want to LIKE a whole bunch of stuff that WARPH says!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk