BIRDS

Started by Wilma, November 30, 2006, 01:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I don't think I have a hairy.  The ones we see are very small for a woodpecker.

Janet Harrington

Mother, it would be so cool if you were able to get pictures.

Diane Amberg

I'd love to see some too.You take such good ones.

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

I was able to get one picture of the downy woodpecker this morning.  I got several of the red-bellied.  There is no red on the downy's head which indicates that it is a female.  You can see the red on the red-bellied's belly and the red on the head extends down to the beak.  I haven't seen the ladder-back this morning. 

Also, the flecks in the picture are not snow.  When you have feeding birds on one side of the glass and a salivating cat on the other side, you get specks of all kinds.  I have since cleaned it the hard way.  By opening the window about six inches, I can extend my arm out and up the length of my forearm and armed with a cleaner soaked cloth, I can clean as far as I can reach.

Diane Amberg

Nice photos.Thanks.

Wilma

There is a nuthatch visiting my feeder.  Is this usual?  This is the first time I have seen one in the years that my feeder has been just outside the window.  And where are the turtle doves this year?  There aren't as many ring necked doves as usual either.

Judy Harder

I have several turtle doves this year. This morning just at sunup they were cooing their hearts out. nuthatch ususally are here most of the winter. They are picky tho and I don't remember the seed they prefer, I can't afford to feed the special feed and with the cats around here, if I feed the birds, I feed the cats.......so Irene feeds the birds (her left-overs) and I watch and listen. Just enjoy what you have. I think the sweetest sound of spring is the birds all singing. Each one trying to outdo the other.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk