CLARK, Charles Eugene, M.D. - b. January 03, 1929 - d. January 21, 2011

Started by kfclark, January 24, 2011, 09:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfclark

ROUND ROCK, TEXAS – Charles Eugene Clark, M.D. passed away on Friday, January 21, 2011 at the Trinity Care Facility in Round Rock, Texas.  He was 82 years of age.  Charles was born January 3, 1929 at Howard, Kansas to Archie B. and Mary Anne (Horning) Clark.

He grew up in Howard, Kansas. He was an all around athlete and earned the Boy Scouts of America's top rank of Eagle.  He graduated from Kansas State Teachers College in Pittsburg, Kansas; then earned his M.D. from the University of Kansas Medical School.

Charles married Dorothy J. Denton in 1950 and had six children: Marye, Chris, Martha, Melissa, Alan and Kevin.

After serving in the U.S. Air Force at Edwards Air Force Base, 1956-1958, he moved his family to Encinitas, California where he established a successful medical practice and built the Encinitas Hospital which later became Scripps Hospital Encinitas.

In 1970 he married Gena E. Steinmann nee Retzlaff. They were blessed by daughter, Jennifer.

Active in several community groups including the Optimists, Rotary, and Boy Scouts of America, he was the founding president of the San Dieguito Boys and Girls Club. An avid Skeet Shooter, he served as the President of the National Skeet Shooting Association and was awarded NSSA's Hall of Fame Ray Boller Award for outstanding service to the sport.

He later married Mildred "Plucky" Hunt.

Charles is survived by his seven children, Marye Carroll of Leander, Texas, Charles (Chris) Clark of San Jose, California, Martha Clark of Cedar Park, Texas, Melissa Arribere of Encinitas, California, Alan Clark of The Dalles, Oregon, Kevin Clark of Cedar Park, Texas,  and Jennifer Semler of Cedar Park, Texas; step-children Andrea Rummell of Georgetown, Texas and Michael Steinmann of Spring Valley, California; and fifteen grandchildren.    
Check out my family history Website http://home.austin.rr.com/clarkdentongen/

Diane Amberg

Janet Harrington

Oh, Kevin. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I met him a couple of times when he came up to visit his step-mother. I also met Marye a few times and usually had quite a visit with her.  Prayers for your family as you go through this process of remembering your father's life.

frawin

Kevin, we were sorry to hear that your father had passed away. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Frank and Myrna Winn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk