LAWLESS, G. Ron - b. October 18, 1953 - d. August 31, 2010

Started by Janet Harrington, September 01, 2010, 05:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I have received information that Ron Lawless, formerly of Elk County, passed away on 8-31-2010.  Ron is the father of Toby Lawless, married to Anna Johnson Lawless, and Megan Lawless.  Ron's former wife is Trish Malone Lawless.  I know that the funeral is Friday at 10:00 at the Mount Olivet Cemetery, graveside services only; at least we think that is where it will be.  That is all the info that I have.  Ron used to work for the Montgomery County Road Department, but I am not aware of what his employment was at the time of his death.  I am sure that patryn will put the obit on here when Zimmerman (Countryside) puts it online.

patyrn

G. Ron Lawless, age 56, of Augusta, Kansas, died Tuesday, August 31, 2010 in Coffeyville, Kansas.  Ron was born October 18, 1953 in Paola, Kansas, the son of Andrew George and Eleanor Faye (Downing) (Huntington) Lawless.

Ron attended Elk City School in Elk City, Kansas and completed his senior year at Independence High School in Independence, Kansas.  On August 7, 1981, he married Trish Malone in Miami, Oklahoma, and they later divorced.  Ron was a truck driver.  He worked for Montgomery County for several years.  Then he worked for Drisco Trucking.  Ron was a an avid ball card collector.  He enjoyed sports, fishing, and hunting, with his hero being Dale Earnhardt, Sr.

Ron is survived by his son, Toby Lawless and wife, Anna of Independence, Kansas; daughter, Megan Lawless of Wichita, Kansas; companion, Trish Lawless of Coffeyville, Kansas; and one grandson, Toby Lawless Jr.  Ron was preceded in death by his parents.

Graveside services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, September 3, 2010 at Mt. Olivet Cemetery in Moline, Kansas with Pastor Robin Haines officiating.  There will be no visitation.  Memorials have been suggested to the Muscular Dystrophy Association and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Services have been entrusted to Countryside-Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, P.O. Box 1233, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Janet Harrington

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk