TRIMMELL, Marjorie Cora (Pittenger) - b. August 2, 1915 - d. July 18, 2010

Started by patyrn, July 21, 2010, 01:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Mrs. Marjorie Cora (Pittenger) Trimmell, 94, of Independence, Kansas, died Sunday, July 18, 2010 at Windsor Place in Independence.  She was born August 2, 1915 in Cherryvale, Kansas, the daughter of Herman C. Pittenger and Frances (Rottemnan) Pittenger.  

Mrs. Trimmell attended Cherryvale, Kansas schools and graduated from Pittsburg State University.  Marjorie taught school for 19 years in the Coffeyville, Howard, Fredonia, and Uniontown school districts.  She was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Independence.  

On May 25, 1941 at Arma, Kansas, she was united in marriage to Sidney E. Trimmell.  Mr. Trimmell preceded his wife in death on December 31, 2003.

Survivors include a son, Dr. Lawrence L. (Judy) Trimmell of Hutchinson, Kansas; a daughter Mrs. Arthur (Sidna Sue) Small of Neodesha, Kansas; six grandchildren, Rusty (Debbie) Small, Randy (Nicole) Small, Dr. Justin (Lisa) Trimmell, Dr. Matt (Kate) Meschke, Jill (Greg) Donahoe; nine great-grandchildren; and a sister, Sue Shenk of Independence, Kansas.

Mrs.Trimmell is preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Harold Pittenger and Maynard Pittenger; and four sisters, Glayda Hill, Aileen McCarter, Virginia Leonard, and Rachel Nelson.

Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Friday, July 23, 2010 at the Penwell-Gabel Webb & Rodrick Chapel, 306 E. Main, Independence, Kansas 67301, with Pastor Steve Butler of the Community Christian Church of Independence officiating.  Interment will be at the Mt. Hope Cemetery.  Friends may call at the funeral home from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 22, 2010.  The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Thursday.  The family has suggested memorial remembrances to the American Heart Association, and remembrances will be received at the funeral home.

(taken from the Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home website)

patyrn

Mr. Sidney Trimmell was the Principal at Howard High School in the 1950s, and Mrs. Marjorie Trimmell was the Home Economics teacher at the high school.  

Lookatmeknow!!

I have a question about this lady.  Is her son a dentist?  My daughter goes to a Dr. Justin Trimmell in Wichita.  He is a dentist that put on her braces, he is wonderful!  Just wondering.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Mom70x7

The Dr. Trimmell (don't remember first name) that did James' braces is her son. Think it was Lawrence, although I'd have to go back in my records to check. There's a Justin Trimmell listed as a grandson, though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk