"Naming Names and Taking No Prisoners!" Aw yeah.... my kind of guy!

Started by Warph, May 19, 2010, 12:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

No liberal putz has ever made an ad this appealing.  People just love this stuff.  It may be a shtick, but it works.  You run this guy against Obama's party in 2012, it is no contest. People flocked to Reagan after they experimented with Carter for four years.  That dynamic will repeat itself... if.... and that's a big IF... the GOP can field someone like this that will take no crap.  This particular ad spot is a superb piece of marketing.  I mean it's a primary campaign Alabama Ag Commissioner and it has the sparked comment from around the WORLD ( see the UK Guardian's Richard Adams on Peterson: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/may/17/dale-peterson-alabama-republicans). 
Dale Peterson is now a household name to some extent.  Hell, we could use this take-charge guy down on the AZ Border.
Check 'em out: DalePeterson2010.com

....Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Do you want him or the effective ad writer who wrote the campaign piece for him? ( just teasing, honest) As you know these people mean well but they are never as effective as they want to be....too much interference once they get into office.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 19, 2010, 06:35:53 AM
Do you want him or the effective ad writer who wrote the campaign piece for him? ( just teasing, honest) As you know these people mean well but they are never as effective as they want to be....too much interference once they get into office.

Actually Diane, southern politics is a whole different game.  If he wins, there will be massive change.   

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Considering its "just" for Ag commissioner, I wonder what the ad cost? It is a well done piece, there is no doubt who the audience is, but what specific real problems have there been? How would he fix them? I wonder what his opponent has to say. Not my business of course, but it is interesting.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 19, 2010, 07:26:30 AM
Considering its "just" for Ag commissioner, I wonder what the ad cost? It is a well done piece, there is no doubt who the audience is, but what specific real problems have there been? How would he fix them? I wonder what his opponent has to say. Not my business of course, but it is interesting.
I think it is everyones business.   He's one of the few that are trying to sound the alert to Obamas Cap and tax bill that he's trying to get passed.  IF it gets passed, you can kiss your food supply goodbye.
They are estimating up to 50 billion in increased costs to agriculture producers which translates into much much higher costs on food supply.  And their anticipating double digit loss of cattle and pork, in that they will be regulated down to comply with the carbon emissions. So that means Less food available. 

Along with that theres the cost of replacing all of their equipment to comply with this.  You can't keep carbon down if your using tractors.  So there goes your wheat and other grains.  Along with that there is a expected increase of 130 million people in the next 40 years.

SO what you have is more people less food increased costs.   Not a pretty picture!   If your willing to give up your hamburger, chicken, pork chops, bread, and veggies, then your in line with the cap and tax bill.

I have already seen groceries double in the last 2 years personally.  The cap and tax will quadruple that in the next 5 years and then its going to grow exponentially.

Diane Amberg

Double? Not here, not even close...maybe 10 % for some things. There was a bump for awhile and then our prices went back down again. Frugal shoppers here should do OK.

jerry wagner

Yeah if you have a 100% increase in food prices, you're shopping at the wrong place.  Very funny the part about "we're Republicans, we're better than that" and of course a rifle has to be in the spot like its relevant.

Catwoman

I just went out and did a stock-up run...What would have cost me between 250-300 dollars previously came to 460.  With all the coupons I cut and the in-store discounts, it was brought down to 378 dollars.  I shop at Dillons...And yes...Prices have gone up prodigously.

W. Gray

It looks like those prices will have to go higher before senior citizens would see any relief. :(

Based on the May 19 Bureau of Labor released CPI-W statistics and the formula used by the Social Security folks to compute the cost of living adjustment, that adjustment currently stands at -1.0%, assuming my computation is correct. That would mean no cost of living adjustment come January 1.

Based on those Bureau of Labor figures, the Social Security people at their web site estimate that based on three sets of economic assumptions, there could be a cost of living adjustment for January 1, 2011, at 0, 0, and up to .2%.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

srkruzich

Quote from: jerry wagner on May 22, 2010, 09:29:37 AM
Yeah if you have a 100% increase in food prices, you're shopping at the wrong place.  Very funny the part about "we're Republicans, we're better than that" and of course a rifle has to be in the spot like its relevant.

I'll bet you can't get the food any cheaper than i do in this area.    Of course i have to pay cash you know, no foodstamps so I also have to pay taxes on the food.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk