"Naming Names and Taking No Prisoners!" Aw yeah.... my kind of guy!

Started by Warph, May 19, 2010, 12:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on May 22, 2010, 09:32:56 AM
I just went out and did a stock-up run...What would have cost me between 250-300 dollars previously came to 460.  With all the coupons I cut and the in-store discounts, it was brought down to 378 dollars.  I shop at Dillons...And yes...Prices have gone up prodigously.

I usually can't find coupons for foods i get.  I don't buy any name brand foods except for a very few select items.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Wow Cat, that is quite an increase! But you are a good shopper to have brought your total down that much. Maybe it's cheaper here because there are more of us? I don't know. I shop several different places, all local, to get the best sale prices and have a big freezer too. I get milk on Tuesdays at our local drugstore at the top of the hill because they are always cheaper (loss leader) and that day they have a senior discount also. Our 2 farmers' markets have great prices too, but sometimes local store sales can beat them. I just got bananas at .25/lb ( their loss leader), pears at .79/lb, grapes at .99/lb, broccoli at .79/lb and Japanese eggplant at .79/lb.  Yes ,with care I do get dented and bumped cans and boxes that are discounted too. Al is a worse tight wad than I am.!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk