He comforts us and strengthens us
And rubs us with His balm
And as the dawn breaks through the night
We'll awake in His loving arms."

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Judy Harder

Perfect! Thank you for sharing.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Jo McDonald

Thank you!!
What a loving, caring tribute.  Stand real still....I am sending you a long distance hug.
Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Thanks for everyone's hugs and love and support.. and yes... we have laughed so hard we couldn't breathe... and cried so hard we couldn't breathe... and we will continue to do so I am sure many times as we reach more crossroads in our lives..
We will keep Daddy in our hearts..loving him forever..
we will slowly heal.. and to do that we have to "as Daddy always said".. get back to living...
No matter the circumstances.. I am still that crazy woman who laughs and makes others laugh.. It is the only way I know how to be.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Teresa

larryJ

Great job, Teresa!!  Thank you for sharing this.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Loren

Teresa--I don't usually respond to the postings but want to say you did a very good tribute to your father.  I knew him but wasn't around him very much.

Teresa

Fred Edgar McDonald was born October 12, 1927 to Don and Cleora (Lanning) McDonald at Busby, Kansas, the youngest of three sons.  Fred went all eight years of grade school at Busby, graduating from Longton High School in 1945.  He enlisted in the U.S. Navy after graduation and took his boot camp training at Sn Diego, California.  He was chief cook on the USS Antares, serving in the Asiatic Pacific.  He received an honorable discharge after two years of active duty, then served four years in the Naval Reserves.  He was a member of the Howard United Methodist Church, Past Master of Hope Lodge #155 AF&AM, American Legion Post #149, and Ladonia Chapter #243 Order of the Eastern Star.

On May 16, 1947, he married Jo Workman of Longton, Kansas.  To this union were born two daughters, Teresa Ann Cookson-Heilevang and Sherri Lynn Wilder.  Fred worked for Mid-Continent Butane from 1947 until 1954, for Yates Center LP Gas Company as a transport driver until 1956, and for Union LP Gas Company as a plant manager in Welch, Oklahoma and Pittsburg, Kansas from 1956 until 1963.  He moved his family back to Howard, Kansas in 1963 and later shared ownership of McDonald Brothers Propane with his brother, Donald.  He worked for Farm Bureau Insurance for a short time.  In 1974, he went to work for Fairbank Equipment Inc. of Wichita, traveling all of Oklahoma, Eastern Kansas and eastern Colorado.  Fred retired from Fairbank Equipment in 1992.  He enjoyed gardening, traveling, hunting, fishing, camping, dancing, and playing cards.  He had a lot of fun times with his family and friends.  He and Jo spent 15 years as fulltime RVers and made many lasting friendships.

Fred is survived by his wife, Jo, of the home; daughters, Teresa Heilevang and husband Kjell of Howard, Kansas and Sherri Wilder and husband Curt of Bucklin, Kansas; brother, Russell McDonald of Howard, Kansas; grandsons, Danny Cookson and Derek Cookson and wife Rochelle of Howard, Kansas; granddaughter, Tania Muller of Colby, Kansas; three great-grandchildren, Ashley, Mason, and Caleb; sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Helen and Bill Troutman of Salina, Kansas, and sister-in-law, Rosalie McDonald of Howard, Kansas; several nieces and nephews, and a host of friends.  He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother, and a half-brother.

Fred passed away at home with his loving family at his bedside.  He left his earthly body at 12:25 p.m. on May 14, 2010.  Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 18, 201 at Zimmerman Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.  The family suggests memorial contributions to Midian Shrine Children's Hospital and Hospice Care of Kansas.  They may be left with the Zimmerman Funeral Home.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk