Arizona Immigration Law Backed by Most Americans, Survey Finds

Started by Warph, May 13, 2010, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Can you imagine being here? This was given right after The President of Mexico tried to tell us all about Immigration. He was still in the room.

Bravo, Mr McClintock

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on May 25, 2010, 12:53:42 PM
Oh I think the issue has been thoroughly addressed Jerry...
By the way.......how DOES that feel?  ;D

and uhhhh.... that would be  Mistress Bitch to you.  ;)

ROTFLMBO

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ms Bear

I don't think that anyone could have said it any better than Rep. McClintock did.

larryJ

(snicker, snicker)

Did you hear the latest?  Los Angeles has "discovered" the those red light cameras designed to catch those who would "step on it" through an orange light turning red, are made and serviced by a company in Arizona.  This has come to light because the contract with that company runs out soon or I should say, is up for renewal.  Now, those lights generate a huge chunk of change for the city of Los Angeles which has boycotted doing any business with any company in Arizona.  The fine? $430 for running the light.  The solution?  Find another company (not in Arizona) that provides the same service or lose a whole lot of money.  Betcha they (LA) didn't think about that in their great rush to do the "PC" thing in boycotting city business with Arizona.

(snicker, snicker)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

srkruzich

Quote from: larryJ on June 23, 2010, 12:34:03 PM
(snicker, snicker)

Did you hear the latest?  Los Angeles has "discovered" the those red light cameras designed to catch those who would "step on it" through an orange light turning red, are made and serviced by a company in Arizona.  This has come to light because the contract with that company runs out soon or I should say, is up for renewal.  Now, those lights generate a huge chunk of change for the city of Los Angeles which has boycotted doing any business with any company in Arizona.  The fine? $430 for running the light.  The solution?  Find another company (not in Arizona) that provides the same service or lose a whole lot of money.  Betcha they (LA) didn't think about that in their great rush to do the "PC" thing in boycotting city business with Arizona.

(snicker, snicker)

Larryj

wanna bet they will come up with a "exception" to allow renewal of the contract.  Call it uhmm public safety issue/cuttin into their revenue issue....
430 dollars for a red light?? You gotta be kidding.....
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

Monday, June 21, 2010 7:41 PM
Homeland Security officials were holding inmates from Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, and the Sudan inside the Pinal County Jail of Arizona
by Steve Irvin

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_central_southern_az/other/terrorists-crossing-az-border-into-u.s.%3F

PINAL COUNTY, AZ - On a single day in April, in a special cell block deep inside the Pinal County Jail, nearly 400 inmates sat awaiting trial or extradition after being detained trying to cross the Arizona border from Mexico.

Only about half of them were actually from Mexico.

The cell block, owned by Pinal County, but contracted with the Department of Homeland Security, is a way station in the immigration process, where inmates are held after they are detained by the Border Patrol or Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

But it's where the inmates are from that causes concern for some critics and lawmakers.

On that one day in April, according to records obtained by ABC 15 (Phoenix), Homeland Security officials were holding inmates from Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Lebanon, and the Sudan.

"They're coming from all over," Arizona Senator Jon Kyl said. "And one wonders whether some of them are coming in here to commit acts of terror."

Kyl has been tracking the problem since 2002, not long after the September 11 attacks. Since that time, according to an investigation by the House Committee on Homeland Security, intelligence officials have determined members of the terror group Hezbollah have already infiltrated the U.S. by crossing at the southern border.

ICE officials told congressional investigators, undocumented immigrants were smuggled from the Middle East to staging areas in Central and South America, before being smuggled into the U.S.

The report says officials are also concerned about Venezuela emerging as a terrorist "hub," with the government there issuing travel documents that can be used to obtain a U.S. visa.

Border patrol agents have also recovered military-style patches on clothing near the border. One patch contains the word "martyr" in Arabic. Another depicts a plane appearing to fly into sky scrapers.

In 2009, according to Homeland Security documents obtained by ABC 15, ICE officials detained 45,279 undocumented immigrants classified as OTM. While the vast majority were from other Central American countries like El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, officials also arrested 10 undocumented immigrants from Iran, 10 from Iraq, six from Lebanon and 19 from Pakistan.

Through May of this year, officials had detained more than 25,000 OTM border crossers.

Officials interviewed for this story expressed frustration, because U.S. intelligence officials have known for the better part of a decade about terror groups' willingness to smuggle people across the southern border, yet little has been done to substantially increase border security.

Officials also note the nightmarish scenario involved with returning detainees to their home countries. The Mexican government won't accept a border crosser if they aren't from Mexico, and many countries lack any diplomatic mechanism for repatriating a detainee.

"There's a procedure which takes place, where, in effect, if we can't send them back, they're let go," Senator Kyl said. "Obviously that creates an illegal immigration problem, but it could... create a problem of terrorism as well."

Check out the video on ABC15 site.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: larryJ on June 23, 2010, 12:34:03 PM
(snicker, snicker)

(snicker, snicker)

Larryj

Yeah... we in AZ love this one.  The cameras are made in Scottsdale.  More info on AZ companies doing business with LA will be coming out soon and most are dropping contracts.  Most of them do business with LA's infrastructure.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

yeah, Steve, what with the current state of the economy in this state, revenues are hard to come by.  Only a few years ago, driving in a carpool lane by yourself would cost you $187 if caught.  Now, it is over 300.  Arnie needs money and raises the price of the fines as a way to do it.  People just don't change their driving habits overnight so in the meantime, more money is rolling in.

One of the unfortunate things about those red light cameras is that they are not perfect.  There is one located at a major intersection near my house.  I used to grab some lunch at the burger stand on the corner and go sit in my car to eat it.  I noticed that the average time for the light to change going westbound was about 30 seconds.  Except every third light change the timing dropped to 10 seconds.  I watched this for several minutes and saw cars going through getting their picture taken.  You can't beat this system as it takes a photo of your license plate and sometimes a real candid photo of the driver.  I also saw the light and camera take pictures of cars that were going through the intersection legally. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk