Roses

Started by Wilma, April 21, 2010, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

I've found the best way to grow roses out here is to mound up compost and plant them in that and the best stuff for black spot which seems to be really prevalent out here is Bayer All-in-one rose.  It feeds, and has a fungicide and an insecticide.  You water the bush with it and it's systemic.  I've had awesome success with my roses this year, even one that started to get black spot. 

Wilma

Janet took this picture yesterday of my morning glories out by the alley.  Two years ago I had morning glories there and last year I planted again.  But last year they were eaten off by the baby bunny that grew up in my back yard.  This year my daughter planted again and this time no little babies found them.  They are pretty from the east window of my house, too.

Diane Amberg

Beautiful! Heavenly Blue?

Ms Bear

That is so pretty Wilma. 

David

Plenty of sun and water them only at the base, don't wet the leaves or they will get rust.  Also if you see a black stem, cut it off, these are rose boaring insects.  I did test growing for Jackson Perkins and Kansas is the hardest place to try to grow them.
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

Clubine Ranch

Wilma, They are so lovely. They make you feel good just to look at them. Thanks for sharing. Barbara

Dee Gee

Here is some of the flowers that I have still growing.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

frawin

Dale, they are very pretty.  I heard you had a green thumb!  We just moved several things inside, as it is rumored that we could have a frost tonight.  If it gets as cold as is predicted, we just might.  We still have several things in bloom, including the moon flowers.  It was so hot this summer, that they really didn't get very pretty until the past couple of weeks. 

Thanks for sharing.
Myrna

Wilma

Those are so pretty.  Those are the kind of cock's comb that my mother used to have.  Hers were about twice the size of yours.  Must have been a little different variety.  Hers came up year after year.  Do yours?

Dee Gee

Myrna, we had lot of frost on the grass this morning I'm sure will have a heavier frost in the morning.  My garden and flowers didn't do very good this year because of the heat and lack of rain.

Wilma, the Cocks Comb reseeds and you have thin them out, this bunch is in my Moss Rose bed and I didn't pull all of them out but I did leave too many and they took over the Moss Rose plants. These are the smaller variety that don't grow too tall because of the wind I have here.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk