Murrah Building Bombing Anniversary

Started by patyrn, April 19, 2010, 09:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Special ceremonies are being conducted in OKC today honoring all victims of the Murrah Building bombing which took place 15 years ago today.  168 men, women, and children lost their lives in this senseless act of violence, and multitudes of others were impacted for life by this event.  Now that our next generation of students were not even born at that time and don't realize the important significance of the tragedy, the Oklahoma Legislature has put into law the requirement to include the bombing information in the state history public school curriculum.  The National Museum on the bombing site is a wonderful tribute to the memory of that day.  It is a very moving experience to tour it, and I would recommend it as a worthwhile destination trip for all Americans.

Rudy Taylor

I remember how reassuring it was to view the compassionate and patriotic citizens of Oklahoma City in the days following the awful bombing. I think we all shed tears over this horrific taking of innocent lives, especially those children who were attending day-care classes in the Murrah Building.

Timothy McVeigh's Kansas connections were a matter of statewide shock. All Kansans condemned this cowardly massacre.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk