Do you want a superfast home computer - used, but still working?

Started by admin, November 30, 2004, 10:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

This is a package deal printer included. The only space you need is just one wall in the living room. You might want to place the screen somewhere else to prevent a stiff neck.

Seriously, this picture is from a 1954 issue of Popular Mechanics Magazine.

Mom70x7

"With teletype interface and the Fortran language, this computer will be easy to use."

That's what we're doing now, right? Fortran?  :D

Seriously - I did work on computers 30+ years ago that filled an entire room. Today's are MUCH nicer!

mtcookson

i think its funny how that thing most likely stored less data than the size of that picture and probably less data than my watch  :o

Janet Harrington

I have talked with people that are about 10 years older than I am and they work on computers and will tell me stories about working on computers that would fill the courthouse.  It is hard to imagine.

mtcookson

yeah, i couldn't imagine programming by punching holes into cards and feeding them into a huge machine... its awesome how everything has advanced so much.

DanCookson

Quote from: Janet Harrington on November 30, 2004, 05:38:46 PM
I have talked with people that are about 10 years older than I am and they work on computers and will tell me stories about working on computers that would fill the courthouse.  It is hard to imagine.

There are REALLY people 10 years older than you?? :o :o

Janet Harrington

Now, Snakehater, I am going to find your goat and bring it home and then beat you in front of the goat.

mtcookson

Quote from: Kjell Heilevang on November 30, 2004, 10:34:09 AM
This is a package deal printer included. The only space you need is just one wall in the living room. You might want to place the screen somewhere else to prevent a stiff neck.

Seriously, this picture is from a 1954 issue of Popular Mechanics Magazine.

:(

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/computer.asp

Teresa

Ya know??? There IS a point of having too much information that is always correct :P...
What is the point of having a good juicy story , if you are going to take all our fun away by telling the truth!! :'( :'(
The truth isn't any fun.. ~~WWWAAHHHHHH :'(  I want fun untrue stories...  >:( 
:D :D :D HaHaHaHa
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

mtcookson

fun, untrue stories eh?

So I was sitting around drinking a glass of milk and eating cookies when I had this sudden, unavoidable urge to pick my nose. What I pulled out was nothing short of incredible.... it was Santa!! He said that I was a good guy this year and that I was going to get many, many wonderful cars this year. I was so excited about this... I waited and waited till Christmas day and finally when the time came... I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, it was the year 1985, and my DeLorean time machine was nowhere to be found. :(

;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk