Have you planted Tomatoes yet??

Started by frawin, April 05, 2010, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Jo McDonald on April 07, 2010, 09:15:48 PM
Golly -- that sounds like a good deal.  THEN if they grow tall enough, you wouldn't have to wash the window.  YIPPPEEEE  I vote YES!!

i've grown them in a south window before but not this far north.  only problem with them is they tend to get thrips if you do.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Sarah

Quote from: srkruzich on April 07, 2010, 09:45:00 PM
i've grown them in a south window before but not this far north.  only problem with them is they tend to get thrips if you do.

This woman was farther north than we are.  She was in North Dakota if I remember right.  She had pictures of this window with all this snow outside and these big tomato plants with blossoms and bright red tomatoes and this was in December. 

I'm having a heck of a time with my tomato starts this year.  They are just not growing like I want them to.  Probably because "someone" didn't loan me his lights like he said he would.   :P :angel:

srkruzich

Quote from: Sarah on April 08, 2010, 08:45:49 AM
This woman was farther north than we are.  She was in North Dakota if I remember right.  She had pictures of this window with all this snow outside and these big tomato plants with blossoms and bright red tomatoes and this was in December. 

I'm having a heck of a time with my tomato starts this year.  They are just not growing like I want them to.  Probably because "someone" didn't loan me his lights like he said he would.   :P :angel:

Someone didn't remind that someone about it. :P

Sarah

Quote from: srkruzich on April 08, 2010, 10:07:29 AM
Someone didn't remind that someone about it. :P

What do I look like?  Like I have Post-It-Note stuck to my forehead?   ::) ;D

srkruzich

Quote from: Sarah on April 08, 2010, 03:02:40 PM
What do I look like?  Like I have Post-It-Note stuck to my forehead?   ::) ;D

Peels off a sticky note and sticks it on your head

Jane

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 07, 2010, 11:06:55 AM
Jane, who said anything about "wrong." You fall off your web or something today? Why so grumpy? It's too nice a day to be growling at the forum tomato growers.
My Web is setting pretty. I was going to make a comment to yours but decided the only thing you have in your life to do is to set on your computer and make comments on everything anybody says on the forum. So go for it and have a great day.

Diane Amberg

Green eyes much? Honest, I'm just poking you IN FUN. Why are you taking this so seriously?  :P

Wilma

Just a reminder.  Note the date, May, 2007.

Judy Harder

That is very true Wilma. Seems I remember about 17 inches of the white stuff around the 27th of April one year.
Yes, it is rare, but does happen. Think the one I remember was back in the 70's. Made us all stay home.
Hopefully this will not happen this year.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Sarah

I used to work at Valley Feed & Seed in Wichita and I remember as soon as it got warm in April people would be in in force buying their garden plants and planting them.  Then invariably we would get a freeze and they'd all be back in buying the same plants over again.  LOL 
My mom always taught me never to plant any of the warm season stuff till end of April/beginning of May and even then we've had some mighty cold nights.  Kansas is fun that way.  You just never know what you're going to get. 

I did try putting out some cucumbers the other day and the rather cool nights....they pretty much look like they're going to have to be replaced.  Oh well, such is life.  But we're wide open on the north and get all the cold north winds through here. 

I did have a wonderful time though planting all my Canna bulbs and Glads and Caladiums today along with a few other plants and I'm going to try a rose bush one more time.  I always manage to kill them.  I love them, but they don't like me much. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk