Marine's Father Will Not Pay Court-Ordered Funeral Protesters' Fees

Started by Diane Amberg, March 31, 2010, 11:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Quote from: srkruzich on April 02, 2010, 06:36:33 AM
  But there are responsibilities with the freedom of speech.  Seriously another example is when someone defames another publically. Destroying anothers character through freedom of speech is and has been all the way back to the founding of our country a offense that 1st amendment does not protect. 

I agree, but in the case of the Phelps, they're not defaming any one paticular person, so you can't accuse them of Defamination of Character. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Roma Jean Turner

You are right Varmit....I was way to nice.  If I could have jumped through the TV screen I would have strangled the Butt Ugly Bitch.  Wow, now I feel better.  I love this Forum.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on April 02, 2010, 07:51:17 AM
I agree, but in the case of the Phelps, they're not defaming any one paticular person, so you can't accuse them of Defamination of Character. 
I know that but they are interfering with peoples privacy.  This is a case where one person/groups rights end where another persons/groups rights begin and in this case, phelps group were the agressors and interfering in that funeral. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Yes and No.  On one hand I see what you're saying and I agree to a point.  On the other hand, a cemetary and the streets one must travel on to get there are pubic and therefore the right to privacy doesn't apply. 

The problem I see with laws governing protests is that unless they are worded very specically they could be used as a means of controlling political dissent.  For example, police agencies could use the laws to say that Tea Parties cannot be held within a 2 mile radius of any political campagin speech, because they are invading the Speakers right to privacy.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk